Four weeks into the South London & Kent Pool Alliance winter season, and there are four teams that are still yet to lose a match, Sharks and Hotshots in the Premier Division, Bears in Division One, and second division Eltham Terrace Tigers. 

Shock leaders of the Premier Division Rugrats hosted Hotshots and both teams went into this match unbeaten, so one record had to go and Hotshots had the better start, with Tony Gear and Elliott Giles winning the first two frames. 

Ashley Hewson got Rugrats off the mark with frame three, but Ryan Francis and Danny Kelliher took the last two frames of the set to give Hotshots a, 4-1 lead. 

Hewson won his second frame of the night with frame six however, Hotshots took the next four frames to win the match before the start of the last set. 

Hewson scored a personal three out of three, as well as his team’s third frame, but George Taylor and Joe Kelly put Hotshots into double figures. 

Rugrats Captain Steve Gibson pulled another frame back for Rugrats, before Kelliher made the final score, 11-4. 

After losing their unbeaten run, Rugrats have dropped to second, one point and one place ahead of their opponents, although Hotshots have a game in hand after keeping up their 100% record this week. 

Sharks have taken over at the top of the table after they beat Bellegrove A, 10-5 this week to keep up their unbeaten run. 

They are on the same points as Rugrats, but having played one less game and not lost they are in pole position. 

New Eltham New Stars are one point behind Hotshots in fourth after they beat Eltham Terrace Nuthouse, 10-5 this week. 

Nuthouse and New Stars had both won one game and lost two, although there were three places and four points between the teams when they met this week. 

Nuthouse had a great start, with Leigh Bowles, Jon Syta and Leighton Aston winning the opening three frames. 

New Stars were not lying down though, and Paul Carroll and Steve Pearce clawed it back to, 3-2.

Both teams made changes for the second set which proved more beneficial for New Stars, as after losing the first frame to Ian Chapman, Sam Baker, Pearce, Len McCulloch, and James Martin won the next four to give them a, 6-4 lead. 

Baker recorded an unbeaten brace in frame twelve to give New Stars the victory and Pearce scored his third frame win to make it seven on the spin for New Stars. 

Shane Hutley prevented the set whitewash for Nuthouse however, Martin took the last frame putting New Stars in double figures. 

Nuthouse stay in seventh, five points ahead of Pickwick after they lost to Bellegrove this week, in a match that was much closer than the score suggests, with Bellegrove capitalising on Pickwick’s errors. 

Paul Slater got Pickwick off to a great start, winning the first frame, but Nikki Steadman, Shaun Hennessy, Adam Coppen, and Dan Heinink won the next four frames to give Bellegrove a, 4-1 lead. 

Slater and Paul Gafa pulled that back to, 4-3 however, Barrie Barham and Steadman restored Bellegrove’s three frame advantage. 

The second set was in the balance at, 2-2 when Louis Wilbourne pulled off an outrageous finish from a snooker, followed by a treble on the snookered black to give Pickwick the set and bring the score back to, 6-4. 

Coppen and Hennessy secured the match for Bellegrove and Barham and Heinink put them into double figures, before Enis Dogangun made it, 10-5. 

Pickwick increase their lead over Falconwood Club at the bottom to six points after they didn’t have a game this week. 

There appears to be a gulf appearing between the top and bottom of the Premier Division already, as the top five are separated by just four points, whereas the bottom four have twelve points between them. 

Eltham Terrace Tigers became the only unbeaten team in the SLKPA second division this week after they comprehensively beat third-placed Farmhouse. 

There was only three points between the teams, so Tigers were a little worried when John Ly pulled out at the last minute, leaving them with a bare five. 

As a result, they struggled in the first set, edging it, 3-2 before they got into top gear and won the next two sets, 4-1 for an overall, 11-4 victory. 

It was a wonderful all round team performance, with James Pope winning all three frames for the third week running and everyone else chipped in with two frame wins. 

Farmhouse were unlucky on the night, but still hold onto third place, ten points behind their opponents, and they are joined on the same points by Hurricanes Reborn. 

This week the Hurricanes had a tough away match against The Con Men, who were five points behind them in fifth. 

In a scrappy first set, Phoebe French fortuitously got Hurricanes off the mark when her opponent went in off after potting the black, and Arif Salih made it, 2-0 before The Con Men battled back to, 2-2. 

The deciding frame of the set was between The Con Men Captain, Reiss Wright, and Charles French and after a close, tough frame Wright put his team, 3-2 ahead. 

Con Men did the damage in the second set, after Luke Knight took the first frame of the set when his opponent potted the black out of turn, Con Men won the next four frames to take a, 7-3 lead into the last set. 

The Con Men took frame eleven for the match, then Kevin England and Charles French won the next two frames to edge ahead in the set, before Louis Rankin levelled the set with his hat-trick. 

However, the best quality pool was saved until the last frame when Salih broke and dished to make the final score, 9-6. 

Despite the win, Con Men are still in fifth, two points behind their opponents and one point ahead of Sundridge Park Working Men’s Club after their victory over Downham Tavern A Team this week. 

Downham were bottom of the table looking for their first win of the season when they hosted Sundridge Park this week and they got off to a good start, with Steven Joy winning the first frame. 

However, Ellise Norris, Dave Sparey, Slok Patel, and Spencer Martin won the next four frames to give Sundridge Park a, 4-1 first set lead. 

Louie Randall, Thom Wolff, and Joy won the first three frames of the second set, giving it to Downham and tying the match at four all. 

Paul Martin put Sundridge Park back in front and Sparey extended the lead, giving them a, 6-4 lead going into the final set. 

Paul Martin and Patel made it four in a row to give their team the victory, before Wolff and Jess Dudbridge tied the set, but Sparey won his third frame of the night to make the final score, 9-6. 

Sparey wasn’t the only unbeaten player, as teammate Paul Martin won both of his frames.

Downham remain winless at the bottom of the table, as are White Hart, but they are one point ahead of Downham after this week’s loss to Bexleyheath Raiders. 

Before this match Raiders were in seventh and White Hart in ninth, with four points separating the two teams. 

Raiders raced into a, 3-0 lead with James Rickner, John O’Neil and Tony Hodsdon winning the frames. 

Keith Allen and Jack O’Reilly won the last two frames of the set to pull the score back to, 3-2.

Raiders did the damage in the second set, winning the first four frames, before Allen prevented the set whitewash. 

Rickner won his third frame of the night to give Raiders the victory, but Charlie Liddiard and Allen, with his hat-trick frame pulled the score back to, 8-5. 

The last two frames were shared, giving White Hart the set, but Raiders the match, 9-6. 

Raiders stay in seventh, three points behind Sundridge Park and one point ahead of Plough & Harrow after their fantastic victory this week. 

Goodfellows were riding high, unbeaten in second place and were twelve points and six places clear of this week’s opponents, Plough & Harrow, so it was a bit of a surprise when the first four frames were shared. 

Lewis Holdsworth won frame five to give Goodfellows a true to form, 3-2 first set lead. 

Liam Penny tied the match, before Syed Shahed put Goodfellows back in the lead. 

Arthur McDougall took frame eight and James McGuire frame nine to give Plough the second set and put them, 5-4 ahead. 

Holdsworth won his second frame of the night to tie the match at one set and five frames all. 

Penny and McGuire won the first two frames of the last set to put Plough on the hill. 

Shahed prevented the win, but McDougall and Tom Franklin won the last two frames, giving Plough the unexpected, 9-6 victory. 

Both teams finished the night with one unbeaten player, McGuire for Plough, and Goodfellows’ Shahed, both scoring a hat-trick. 

Despite their first loss of the season, Goodfellows stay in second, but Tigers have opened an eight point lead over them. 

This division looks like it is going to be incredibly competitive, as the seven teams behind Tigers are separated by just nine points. 

Top of the SLKPA first Division, Bears travelled to fellow unbeaten team, Bellegrove Flyers so one record had to go. 

Flyers were in fourtn, eleven points behind their opponents, although they had played one game less, so this match was always going to be of high quality, and that was shown when the first set was completed within half an hour. 

Unfortunately for Flyers most of that quality came from Bears, as they won four of the five frames. 

Shot of the set came from Paul Cobbold, who found himself snookered on the black and his opponent was getting ready to clear up when Cobbold produced a great cross double to not only get out of the snooker but pot the black and take the frame.

After such a quick first set, Jason Brunton and Gary Heath made up for it in frame six, with neither player appearing to want to pot the black and they took so long that the shot clock needed recharging. 

Eventually Brunton took the frame for Flyers, and they went on to win the set, 3-2 to pull the overall score back to, 6-4 in favour of Bears. 

Everything was to play for in the third set, but after Cobbold won frame eleven with a brilliant break and dish, Flyers had to win all the remaining frames for victory. 

Unfortunately for them they could only manage three of the remaining four frames, giving Bears a narrow, 8-7 triumph to stay unbeaten at the top of the table. 

Flyers stay in fourth, but all the teams above them have played one more game and Cue-Ologists and Bell Ya Later played the bottom two teams, Academicals and Blackheath Sports Club. 

Cue-Ologists were looking to build on their recent good form as they travelled to bottom of the table and winless Academicals, but it was the home side that had the better start with Gary Mason, Percy Minerve and Gregg Phillimore winning three of the first four frames. 

Jon Hughes won the fifth frame, joining Steve Aldridge in the winner’s circle to bring Cue-Ologists back to,3-2. 

Hughes made it two in a row to level the score, but Phillimore put Academicals back in the lead. 

Simon Platt and Aldridge then nudged Cue-Ologists into the lead for the first time, before Chris Gaunt tied the match at five all. 

Aldridge and Phillimore scored their hat-tricks to keep the scores level however, Platt and Stephen Maeers won the next two frames to give Cue-Ologists the victory. 

Hughes won the final frame to become the third player to score a hat-trick, making the final score, 9-6. 

Cue-Ologists stay in second, three points behind Bears, whereas Academicals are still rooted to the bottom and winless, one point behind Blackheath, who went to third placed Bell Ya Later this week. 

Bell Ya Later won the first three frames to race to an early, 3-0 lead, before Joe Kane and Kerry Wyatt pulled it back to, 3-2. 

Alan Dolan and Kane made it four in a row for Blackheath, putting them, 4-3 ahead. 

The Bell Ya Later ladies, Jade Holmes, Jo Williams and Angela Hobbs came to their rescue, winning the next three frames to go, 6-4 ahead. 

The first four frames of the third set were shared, with Reece Stewart securing the win for Bell Ya Later. 

Holmes won the set deciding frame, with her hat-trick frame, making the final score, 9-6. 

Bell Ya Later remain in third, six points behind Cue-Ologists and three ahead of Flyers, who do have a game in hand. 

Along with Academicals, Blackheath are winless, but Eltham Terrace Rack Pack broke their duck this week with a, 9-6 triumph over New Eltham New Boys, who are just above them in sixth, but on equal points. 

Rack Pack jump up to fifth, but New Boys drop to eighth despite there only being three points between them. 

Duke of Northumberland were in fifth, five points and three places ahead of Downham Tavern Terrors despite having the same win/loss record, but it was Terrors who started the best, with Darren Cotterill and Kevin Dempsey winning the first two frames. 

Duke fought back with Dave Pearce and Phil Tworek levelling the score, sending the set to a deciding frame, which Charlie Mehmet won to give Terrors the set, 3-2. 

Pearce brought the score back to three all however, Terrors won the next four frames to put them on the hill, going into the last set, 7-3 ahead. 

Cotterill won frame eleven, making it five on the spin for Terrors to secure the victory. 

Sam Kinsville and John Cochrane pulled Duke back to, 8-5 before the last two frames were shared, giving Duke the set and Terrors the match by nine frames to six. 

 There was only one unbeaten player on the night, David Read winning both of his frames for Terrors. 

This result means that Duke drop one place and Terrors go up one place into sixth and seventh respectively, with two points between them. 

Again, the mid-table teams seem to be scrapping for supremacy in this division, with just six points between eighth and third and although they are winless, the bottom two are not far behind. 

For more information on the SLKPA including league tables visit our website at or contact our Secretary, Paul Gafa on 07443 456662 or with any queries.

The league is looking at potential sponsors; any interested parties can also contact Paul Gafa.