Week seven of the South London & Kent Pool Alliance and big wins littered the league including a total whitewash by Premier Division Sharks.


Fourth placed Sharks travelled to Bellegrove A in eighth, with thirteen points between them and Sharks inflicted more misery by whitewashing them, 15-0. 


This result sent Bellegrove A to the bottom of the table with just one win so far this season, whereas Sharks are in third, having lost only one match. 


Bellegrove A are now the only team in the division to have won a single game, as the other two teams with this record both won this week. 


Falconwood hosted Bellegrove A’s sister side, Bellegrove and won a nervy and scrappy encounter, 8-7. 


Falconwood took an early, 2-0 lead but Bellegrove quickly pulled it back to 2-2 . 


Frames continued to be exchanged equally until the score became, 6-6 with a highlight being a dish by Bellegrove’s Declan Kelly. 


In frame thirteen Falconwood’s Brett Crawley found himself with two visits on the black but managed to go in off when potting it.


However, Ian Stringer and Paul Baker won the last two frames to give Falconwood the win. 


There was only one unbeaten player on the night, Ross Webster winning all three frames for Falconwood. 


Bellegrove swap places with Sharks and Falconwood are two places and eight points above Bellegrove A. 


Sandwiched between Bellegrove A and Falconwood are Rugrats, who produced a surprise, 9-6 victory over Pickwick. 


After recording their first victory of the season last week, Rugrats were still on a high knowing that they were coming up against another strong tactical team. 


Ashley Hewson got the ball rolling for Rugrats by winning the first frame and Jimmy Maloney and Mark Knevett were very unlucky not to win their frames, eventually going down to Paul Gafa and Paul Slater. 


Steve Gibson managed to pull one back for Rugrats to make it, 2-2 before Aaron Shephard produced an amazing clearance to give Rugrats the first set, 3-2. 


Dave Pile tied the match, but Dylan Suggars came into the second set and made some lovely pots to put Rugrats back in the lead. 


The next two frames were shared, sending the second set into a deciding frame and Shephard made another beautiful clearance to give Rugrats the set and put them, 6-4 up overall. 


It was all to play for in the last set, especially after Ian Chapman and Gafa won the first two frames of the set to tie the match at, 6-6.  


Hewson was up next for Rugrats, and he showed his class with some swerve shots to put his team back in front. 


Team Captain, Gibson won the next frame to give his side the match, then Suggars finished the match off with a dry dish for a final score of, 9-6. 


This topped off a great team performance by Rugrats, with Shephard and Suggars scoring an unbeaten brace on their way to winning set deciders however, Pickwick’s Gafa went one better with a hat-trick. 


As a result of this victory, Rugrats are now two places and seven points behind Pickwick. 


Bull Tavern lost their unbeaten record this week, against The Cocked Hats, three places and twenty points below them, going down, 9-6. 


Hotshots, however, extend their unbeaten run to seven matches after beating New Eltham New Stars this week. 


Hotshots took the initiative from the off, with Ryan Francis, Danny Kelleher and Richard Chapman winning the first three frames. 


It was the Steves who came to the rescue for New Stars, with Knight and Pearce taking the last two frames of the set to bring them back into the game at, 3-2. 


The first two frames of the second set were shared however, Chapman, Kelleher and Neil Hall won the remaining three frames of the set to open up a, 7-3 lead, putting Hotshots on the hill. 


Hall made it a personal two in a row with frame eleven to give his team the victory. 


Francis, with a break and dish and Chapman won the next two frames, making it six on the spin, to put their team into double figures. 


The last two frames went to the New Stars making the final score, 10-5. 


`Hall won both of his frames, but Francis and Chapman went one better with unbeaten hat-tricks. 


Hotshots have extended their lead at the top of the table to five points over Bull Tavern, whereas New Stars stay in sixth, the highest placed of the four teams who have all won two matches. 


In SLKPA Division One all of the winning teams went into double figures, which was surprising considering second placed Eltham Terrace Nuthouse played Duke of Northumberland, the team immediately below them.


There was only two points between the two sides, but there are now eleven after Nuthouse ran out, 12-3 winners. 


Nuthouse were hoping to close the gap on Terry’s Allstars above them, but they had other ideas against Bears, three places and eighteen points below them. 


Allstars were in imperious form, whitewashing the first set, 5-0. 


Gary Mason put Bears first frame on the board in the sixth, but Paul Cook, Phil O’Kane, Rob Taylor and Dean Passer won the next four frames to give Allstars a, 9-1 lead and the match before the end of the second set.


Tony Stork joined Cook, O’Kane, and Taylor in the winner’s circle for the third set to make it eight on the bounce for Allstars, before Shane Burnett scored another consolation frame for Bears to make the final score, 13-2. 


Allstars had three hat-trick heroes, Cook, O’Kane and Taylor, who all helped to extend their lead at the top to sixteen points. 


Bears drop one place to fifth, after Bellegrove Flyers recorded their second victory of the season to jump two places and go ahead of Bears by a point. 


Both Eltham Terrace Rack Pack and Flyers have had a relatively poor start to the season, only winning one match each, with Rack Pack in fifth and Flyers in sixth and just one point between them. 


However, Flyers got off to a flyer with Jason Brunton, Peter Gray and Richard Marsh winning the first three frames to take the set. 


Chris Unwin prevented the set whitewash before Jay Arnold took the fifth frame to give Flyers a, 4-1 first set lead. 


The first two frames of the second set were shared, but Flyers went on to take the last three frames of the set, for another, 4-1 set victory, which included John Ufuoma winning his first frame back in the SLKPA after a long time away. 


Flyers had an unassailable, 8-2 lead going into the final set, but Tony Frost won his second frame of the night to give his team their third frame of the match. 


Again, this would prove to be the frame that prevented the set whitewash, as Flyers won the last four frames for a 12-3 overall triumph. 


Flyers had a hat-trick of unbeaten players, with Brunton, Marsh and Arnold all winning all three of their frames. 


Now that all teams have played six matches, this division is really starting to take shape and the same can be said for the second division, with New Eltham New Boys stretching their unbeaten run to six matches. 


Top of the table New Boys hosted second from bottom Bexleyheath Working Men’s Club and after John Allen took the first frame for New Boys the away side surprised them by winning the next four frames to lead, 4-1. 


This sparked New Boys into action, and they whitewashed the second set, 5-0 to turn the match around and go ahead by six frames to four. 


Anthony Lee and Michel Barnes won the first two frames of the third set to make it seven in a row for New Boys and give them the victory. 


Tony Hodsdon pulled one back for Bexleyheath, before Allen and Greg Fothergill won the last two frames to put their team into double figures at, 10-5. 


Anthony Lee’s introduction into the second set must have been the catalyst for New Boys turnaround, as he went on to win both of his frames however, Allen went one better, winning all three of his frames. 


Even though Bexleyheath lost, they do go up one place, as Bell Ya Later didn’t have a game and Farmhouse got beat by Downham Tavern Terrors this week. 


Despite the, 10-5 score line, this was a very close game going into the final set. 


Alan Rossborough opened the scoring for Terrors, only for John Denahy to equalise. 


Tommy Bowden and Peter Davies then put Terrors, 3-1 ahead before Simon Kielty pulled one back for Farmhouse. 


Nick Brown tied the match, but Rossborough and Bowden restored Terrors two frame advantage. 


Steve Carpenter tied the set and brought Farmhouse back to within one however, Danny Nicholas won the set decider for Terrors, giving them a, 6-4 lead going into the final set. 


David Read extended the lead and Rossborough secured the win with his hat-trick frame, before Bowden joined him on three out of three to give their team a, 9-4 lead. 


Denahy prevented the set whitewash, but Nicholas took the final frame, giving Terrors a, 10-5 triumph. 


Terrors stay in third but are now five points behind Academicals, after they beat bottom team The Con Men, 9-6. 


This division is virtually split in half, as the top three are divided by ten points and the bottom four have only seven points between them, with another ten point gap between third and fourth. 


For more information on the SLKPA, including league tables visit our website at www.slkpa.com or contact our Secretary, Paul Gafa on 07443 456662 or secretary@slkpa.com with any queries.


The league is always looking at potential sponsors and any interested parties can also contact Paul Gafa.