A fire in Market Square, Bromley, earlier this week was in the kitchen of McDonald's, and left an employee needing hospital treatment.
News Shopper reported the incident on Tuesday after London's Air Ambulance was seen landing near the fast food restaurant.
Local McDonald’s franchisee Tonina Hoang said: "One of our employees sustained burns following a fire in the kitchen area.
"Immediate first aid was administered by restaurant management on-site and the employee was later taken to hospital by emergency services for further treatment.
“The safety and well-being of my staff is always my top priority.
"All our thoughts are with our employee and their family and we will continue to offer them our fullest support."
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 2.10pm to reports of a fire at an address in Market Square in Bromley.
"We treated one man reported to be in his 20s for burns. He was taken by helicopter to Broomfield Hospital."
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire