A fire in Market Square, Bromley, earlier this week was in the kitchen of McDonald's, and left an employee needing hospital treatment.
News Shopper reported the incident on Tuesday after London's Air Ambulance was seen landing near the fast food restaurant.
Local McDonald’s franchisee Tonina Hoang said: "One of our employees sustained burns following a fire in the kitchen area.
"Immediate first aid was administered by restaurant management on-site and the employee was later taken to hospital by emergency services for further treatment.
“The safety and well-being of my staff is always my top priority.
"All our thoughts are with our employee and their family and we will continue to offer them our fullest support."
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 2.10pm to reports of a fire at an address in Market Square in Bromley.
"We treated one man reported to be in his 20s for burns. He was taken by helicopter to Broomfield Hospital."
- Woman, 18, ‘raped’ in Erith underpass
- Ex-Bexleyheath Academy assistant vice-principal loses appeal after sexual relationship with pupil
- Spurned lover shames 'cheating' ex with posters plastered around Woolwich
- Young girl ‘inappropriately touched’ by man, in his 60s, in Sidcup
- ‘I’ve lost my lifeline’: Mobility scooter stolen from Catford man with two months to live