A fire in Market Square, Bromley, earlier this week was in the kitchen of McDonald's, and left an employee needing hospital treatment.
News Shopper reported the incident on Tuesday after London's Air Ambulance was seen landing near the fast food restaurant.
Local McDonald’s franchisee Tonina Hoang said: "One of our employees sustained burns following a fire in the kitchen area.
"Immediate first aid was administered by restaurant management on-site and the employee was later taken to hospital by emergency services for further treatment.
“The safety and well-being of my staff is always my top priority.
"All our thoughts are with our employee and their family and we will continue to offer them our fullest support."
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 2.10pm to reports of a fire at an address in Market Square in Bromley.
"We treated one man reported to be in his 20s for burns. He was taken by helicopter to Broomfield Hospital."
- 'She loved her sex toy more than me': Jealous man smashed up ex-girlfriend's vibrator
- Two men rescued from flats fire in Erith
- Which of these 10 takeaways should be named the best in south London?
- Police get more time to quiz North Greenwich 'bomb' alert suspect
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex