A fire in Market Square, Bromley, earlier this week was in the kitchen of McDonald's, and left an employee needing hospital treatment.
News Shopper reported the incident on Tuesday after London's Air Ambulance was seen landing near the fast food restaurant.
Local McDonald’s franchisee Tonina Hoang said: "One of our employees sustained burns following a fire in the kitchen area.
"Immediate first aid was administered by restaurant management on-site and the employee was later taken to hospital by emergency services for further treatment.
“The safety and well-being of my staff is always my top priority.
"All our thoughts are with our employee and their family and we will continue to offer them our fullest support."
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 2.10pm to reports of a fire at an address in Market Square in Bromley.
"We treated one man reported to be in his 20s for burns. He was taken by helicopter to Broomfield Hospital."
- Woman in critical condition after crash in Bexley
- 'Predatory paedophile' jailed for 21 years for raping boy and indecently assaulting three other children
- New quid on the block: Round pounds on way out with new coin arriving tomorrow
- Beckenham off-duty firefighter saved man's life when he suddenly stopped breathing at St Patrick's Day parade
- Car tax rules are changing this week and you could be paying more: Here's what you need to know