Fire in kitchen of McDonald's, Bromley, leaves employee in hospital

The scene in Market Square on Tuesday afternoon

The scene in Market Square on Tuesday afternoon

First published in News News Shopper: Photograph of the Author by , deputy news editor

A fire in Market Square, Bromley, earlier this week was in the kitchen of McDonald's, and left an employee needing hospital treatment.

News Shopper reported the incident on Tuesday after London's Air Ambulance was seen landing near the fast food restaurant.

Local McDonald’s franchisee Tonina Hoang said: "One of our employees sustained burns following a fire in the kitchen area.

"Immediate first aid was administered by restaurant management on-site and the employee was later taken to hospital by emergency services for further treatment.

“The safety and well-being of my staff is always my top priority.  

"All our thoughts are with our employee and their family and we will continue to offer them our fullest support."

London Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at around 2.10pm to reports of a fire at an address in Market Square in Bromley.

"We treated one man reported to be in his 20s for burns. He was taken by helicopter to Broomfield Hospital."

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree