Have you ever watched a cooking show and thought ‘glad I’m not washing up after that’? Well spare a thought for Iva Vcelak.
Iva is one of the heroes behind the scenes on the Great British Bake Off, which returns at 8pm on Wednesday (August 6) on BBC1.
Dishwashers are too noisy to run during filming so she washes every spatula and bowl by hand.
This year, she was scrubbing away for more than 160 hours and got through 1,000 cloths, 80 sponges and 30 litres of washing up liquid.
There’s no word on what happens to the completed cakes after judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry have tasted them, but News Shopper would like to volunteer to ‘dispose’ of them.
- Check out Chapter One’s swish new Private Dining Room in Locksbottom restaurant
- PICTURED: Blackfen’s new micropub The Broken Drum opens
- Are you an 'al desko' diner? See if your eating habits match other Londoners and share a pic of today's lunch
- Ladywell Food Assembly brings Kent growers and producers to Lewisham
- MAPPED: Where you can buy the exclusive new Shopper Gold beer