Have you ever watched a cooking show and thought ‘glad I’m not washing up after that’? Well spare a thought for Iva Vcelak.
Iva is one of the heroes behind the scenes on the Great British Bake Off, which returns at 8pm on Wednesday (August 6) on BBC1.
Dishwashers are too noisy to run during filming so she washes every spatula and bowl by hand.
This year, she was scrubbing away for more than 160 hours and got through 1,000 cloths, 80 sponges and 30 litres of washing up liquid.
There’s no word on what happens to the completed cakes after judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry have tasted them, but News Shopper would like to volunteer to ‘dispose’ of them.
- TASTE TEST: Which Easter Egg is like Kim Kardashian and which is Jack Nicholson?
- 16 chocolate bars we wish they’d bring back (plus a few that just don’t taste like they used to)
- Forest Hill boozer is best in south east London says CAMRA
- Going for Gold: Eltham man makes award-winning cider at home from neighbours’ apples
- PICTURED: Inside Bexleyheath's new Italian restaurant