Have you ever watched a cooking show and thought ‘glad I’m not washing up after that’? Well spare a thought for Iva Vcelak.
Iva is one of the heroes behind the scenes on the Great British Bake Off, which returns at 8pm on Wednesday (August 6) on BBC1.
Dishwashers are too noisy to run during filming so she washes every spatula and bowl by hand.
This year, she was scrubbing away for more than 160 hours and got through 1,000 cloths, 80 sponges and 30 litres of washing up liquid.
There’s no word on what happens to the completed cakes after judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry have tasted them, but News Shopper would like to volunteer to ‘dispose’ of them.
- Nando’s opening in Orpington town centre
- Here’s how to get a FREE pint next week – and 15 pictures of south London pubs then and now
- South London’s best coffee: 25 places you told us you love
- Gelateria and bar Vibe will open in Orpington this week
- Eating at Bexley restaurant can help an Italian earthquake appeal