Goalkeepers were the winners as Welling United and Dartford had to settle for a point apiece at Park View Road on Tuesday night.

Whilst Dartford have reaped the rewards for playing a settled side, Welling have had to give five players league debuts in the last four games.

It was the hosts that started the more brightly. They created the first opportunity when Rhys Murrell-Williamson found Michael Thalassitis but the Welling striker, fresh from his move from Hemel Hempstead Town, was unable to find the power to bother Deren Ibrahim too much.

Vas Karagiannis then did well to win a ball for which he was second favourite but Murrell-Williamson's effort was saved by Ibrahim.

Thalassitis was again denied when Ibrahim saved his header from Danny Waldren's free kick.

He then saved a Jamie Slabber header before claiming Ali Fuseini's long range effort at the second attempt.

Tom Murphy had a flick header saved by Chris Lewington before Welling again came close when Slabber's header from Jordan Brown's cross was cleared off the line.

Luke Wanadio then had a chance for Dartford when cutting in and firing a shot that Lewington saved.

Karagiannis put over a free kick that Waldren flicked on but it was just beyond the reach of Sean Francis who had lost his marker.

However, Welling might have gone behind just before the break when Keaton Wood let fly from twenty five yards but saw his shot crash back off the advertising boards just wide of the goal.

After the break, Slabber tried to break the shackles of being pulled back inside the penalty area to shoot wide before his remonstrations about not winning a penalty earned him a caution.

Murphy made the most of some sloppy defending and fired a shot destined for just inside the post but Lewington made a fantastic save to tip it round for a corner.

Then at the other end, Ibrahim did equally well as Waldren's effort was pushed away from the top corner.

Thalassitis headed wide from a Karagiannis corner before pulling back to substitute Harry Crawford. Although his shot was blocked out as far as fellow substitute Alex Cathline but his shot flew wide.

Cathline had another opportunity to mark his first Welling performance with a goal but Ibrahim was again equal to his effort.

Lewington had to be alert to claim a long punt forward by Ronnie Vint but Welling finished strongly and Ibrahim again came to Dartford' rescue.

First he claimed a the feet of Thalassitis after Crawford had sent him through, then he made the save of the match to keep Thalassitis out one more time.

Welling United: Lewington, Fish, Brown, Fuseini, Hayles, Francis, Karagiannis (Walker 75), Waldren, Slabber, (Cathline 62) Thalassitis, Murrell-Williamson (Crawford 67). Subs not used: Leacock, Richards.

Dartford Ibrahim, Wood, Wynter, Bonner, Vint, Brown, Hayes (Noble 67), Bradbrook, Murphy (Ochori-Acheampong 67), Pugh, Wanadio (Francis 81). Subs not used: Seixas, Coxall.