Both Dartford and Welling United came into their local derby at Princes Park on the back of good results.

Hosts Dartford held league leaders Maidenhead United to a goal-less draw whilst the Wings came into the game on the back of a 5-0 victory at basement club Concord Rangers.

Injury to Keaton Wood meant that Ellis Brown was given a starting place whilst for the first time this season, Welling were unchanged.

Two former Wings combined for the first chance of the match. Luke Wanadio found space down the left wing and crossed to Andy Pugh but his shot lacked the power to trouble Chris Lewington.

Wanadio created an even better chance moments later but Duane Ofori-Acheampong sliced his close range effort well wide.

Danny Waldren had Welling's first effort but fired well over following a clever pull back from Adam Coombes.

That appeared to settle the Wings down and Waldren was soon presented with another opportunity but his low drive from twenty yards went wide of the near post.

Coombes headed wide from a near post corner with still less than fifteen minutes gone.

Elliot Bradbrook's speculative effort flew wide for Dartford as both clubs tried to force an opening.

Pierre Joseph-Dubois stung the hands of Deren Ibrahim but he recovered to save at the feet of Coombes.

Then, yet again, Welling shot themselves in the foot by conceding a penalty. Wanadio was again the architect when making room to cross to the far post where Ofori-Acheampong was bundled over by Jordon Brown. Bradbrook stepped up and although Lewington guessed correctly, he could only block it back out and Alex Brown bundled home the rebound.

Parity was restored five minutes later when Welling were awarded a free kick twenty five yards out. Coombes looked up, measured his shot and gave Ibrahim no chance with his delivery into the top corner.

Pugh tried his luck with an overhead kick that went over from a half cleared corner as Dartford finished strongly.

Just before the break Wanadio changed wings and got a shot in that was deflected wide of the near post.

Directly from the kick off for the second half Ofori-Acheampong broke away but shot straight at Lewington who saved comfortably.

Referee Paul Howard then went card happy booking Rickie Hayles and Mitchell Nelson for fouls, the second of which looked a fair challenge.

Having soaked up some early Dartford pressure, Welling looked to get back into the game and Pierre Joseph-Dubois headed wide from Lyle Della-Verde's cross.

It then became very scrappy and there were less than fifteen minutes remaining when there was another goal effort, a Coombes effort that flew well over.

Substitute Lee Noble fired over before the hosts went ahead with ten minutes remaining.

Another substitute, Ryan Hayes, made the break down the right wing and Bradbrook arrived at the far post to bundle home.

As much as they huffed and puffed, Welling could not break down the Dartford defence.

Ali Fuseini hit a cross field ball to Coombes and he played in Della-Verde but the Welling wide man fired over from 20 yards.

That was the last chance as Dartford claimed the early season bragging rights.

Dartford: Ibrahim, Harris, Wynter, Bonner, Gardiner, Brown A, Brown (Noble 72) E (Hayes 60), Bradbrook, Ofori-Acheampong, Pugh (Francis 76), Wanadio. Unused substitutes: Seixas, Coxall.

Welling United: Lewington, Nelson, Brown, Fuseini, Francis, Hayles, Joseph-Dubois, Waldren, Walker (Whitely 77), Coombes, Della-Verde. Unused Substitutes: Agu, Banton, Johnson, Leacock.