Cray Wanderers continued their rich vein of form to make it eight wins out of nine matches and move 16 points clear at the top of the Isthmian South-East after victory against Guernsey at Hayes Lane.

Cray were in control for the majority of the first half up against a hard working Guernsey side but hit a purple patch of form for the last quarter of an hour started with a terrific strike from Junior Dadson on 31 minutes for his fifth goal in three games.  Five minutes later, Karl Dent who had an outstanding game for an hour set up Joe Taylor with a cross shot which was turned in from close range.  Then on 42 minutes, Dent was provider again this time for Bradley Pritchard who found space on the edge of the six yard box to score his second goal against the Channel Islanders this season. 

The only down side for Cray came in the last minute when Tom Phipp was sent off for a straight red card for possibly violent conduct but otherwise it completed a very satisfying afternoon and week for Cray.

After a rare 2pm kick off the game began quietly but with Cray mostly in control and Taylor came close on 10 minutes when he flicked the ball towards keeper Callum Stanton and then Mitchell Nelson headed wide for a corner.  For Guernsey, Paris Pereira headed over but Cray were beginning to exert pressure.

The first goal arrived on 31 minutes and was well worth waiting for.  Jay Leader found Jerome Federico down the right who found Dent whose ball was cleared out to the left to Leader who set up Dadson who turned a defender and rifled home a tremendous shot into the top right hand corner from 14 yards.

The game picked up momentum from here and Guernsey looked to get back into it and Tom De La Mare set up Rihoy for a shot from twenty yards which Nick Blue got down well to save.

On 36 minutes though Cray scored a second goal when from a corner the ball was worked down the right and Federico found Dent who cut into the area and his cross shot was possibly goal bound but the predatory instincts of Taylor turned the ball in from close range.

Dent then saw a shot turned round the post well by Stanton before on 42 minutes, Cray grabbed a third goal to give real daylight between the sides when down the left Dadson found Archie Johnson whose ball into the box was cleared out to Phipp who set up Dent who slipped a superb through ball to Bradley Pritchard in acres of space who from eight yards placed the ball into the net.

The second half was as quiet as the first was dramatic with Cray having one or two opportunities falling to Taylor and Federico while for Guernsey Carlos Canha tested Blue at the end of the game.

In the last minute, Cray were reduced to ten men when midfielder Phipp was sent off for a foul on Liam Mahon.

The game was long won by then and Cray continue to move ahead at the top of the table by 16 points and head to Ramsgate next Saturday looking to keep the unbeaten run going.

Cray Wanderers: Nick Blue, Ben Mundele (Sean Roberts, 50), Archie Johnson, Jay Leader, Mitchell Nelson (Marcus Evans, 87), Bradley Pritchard, Tom Phipp, Karl Dent (Daniel Uchechi, 64), Joe Taylor, Junior Dadson, Jerome Federico: Subs: Freddie Parker, Tiwa Fujimade

Att: 160