Despite playing for fifty minutes with ten men at Hemel Hempstead Town, Welling United were indebted to a late equaliser to claim a point.

Steve King made changes to the formation and team which included the introduction of new signing Luke Rooney.

Early on Bradley Goldberg tried to pick out Matt Paterson in the middle but it was blocked back to him. He then went for an impudent near post effort but it lacked power and Laurie Wilson got down for a straight-forward save.

L’Ghoul whipped in Welling’s first corner and caused chaos but it was eventually cleared back to him to shoot but he fired well over.

At the other end a training ground move saw Jordan Parkes deliver a deep corner that Scott Shulton arrived late to meet but his header had neither the accuracy nor the power to disturb Dan Wilks.

Parkes then tried his luck with a low twenty yard effort but although it swerved, Wilks got down to save comfortably.

As the game looked to be meandering towards half time the complexion of it was changed. Thierry Audel led an attack and brushed off a crude attempt to take him out. He laid it off to L’Ghoul who was clear to shoot but Kyle Connolly cleaned him out and was dismissed.

Scott Shulton fired a shot high over for the hosts before the two teams went in at the break to re-group.

Early in the second half L’Ghoul showed great skill to create room but shanked his effort well over.

Bradley Goldberg then made space with good control but his ball in was scrambled away.

Rooney had a shot deflected wide then when the half cleared corner came back to him his low drive took a touch that put it out of the reach of Josh Hill and it went for another corner.

Goldberg screwed a shot wide from the edge of the box then an audacious L’Ghoul overhead back of the heel flick sent Thierry Audel through but his low slanted drive was well saved by Walker.

An offside flag seemed extremely tight as Goldberg got in behind and finished well but to no avail.

Totally against the run of play, Hemel went ahead. Parkes clipped it through and Shulton gave Wilkes no chance with a crisp finish.

After L’Ghoul had a shot saved Welling equalised with four minutes remaining. Although it was the least that they deserved, there was a deal of good fortune about their leveller. McCallum fired in a low cross towards the far post, Nobody was able to get a touch but it beat Walker and hit the far upright before finding the net.

Looking for a winner, Goldberg produced a great save from Walker before, deep into injury time Danny Mills brought down a long pass on his chest but his first time shot went just the wrong side of the post.

Welling United: Wilks, Gibbons (L’Ghoul 12), McCallum, Hill, Acheampong, Audel, Kissock, Mendy (Anau 74), Paterson (Mills 71), Goldberg, Rooney. Subs not used: Kiernan, Newton.​