Following a hard fought F.A. Trophy draw, Welling United visited Dulwich Hamlet for a replay at Dulwich’s temporary home at Tooting and Mitcham.

In the first game Welling had by far the better of the game but Dulwich started in a far more lively fashion in the second game.

They came close when Nyren Clunis burst into the box. His shot was saved by Dan Wilks at full stretch for an offside Anthony Cook to bundle home.

If that was an escape for Welling, their luck didn’t hold for long. Ashley Carew slung in a deep free kick, Michael Chambers headed back across goal and Nathan Green bundled it home.

Danny Mills had Welling’s first opportunity when meeting Nassim L’Ghoul’s early cross but his shot was deflected wide.

On seventeen minutes parity was restored. Montel Agyemang delivered a corner that Richard Orlu met with a low volley inside an unguarded post.

After that it became nip and tuck affair, Matt Paterson headed a Montel Agyemang back across goal but Brendan Kiernan was unable to hook it on target.

Then Green tried a cheeky back heel at the other end but did not connect cleanly and Caden Genovesi was able to hack away at the far post.

Shortly before the interval Kiernan went down in the area but the referee was uninterested.

Immediately after the break Welling came close to replicating their goal from the first game when Mills crossed, Chambers headed out but it hit Paterson and flew back into the arms of Preston Edwards.

As Welling upped the tempo things got a little feisty and Magnus Okuonghae was extremely lucky to escape a second yellow card for a shocking challenge on Nassim L’Ghoul.

While he was off having treatment, Agyemang took the free kick that L’Ghoul might have taken himself and curled it jut wide.

Another Welling shout for a penalty was turned down when Cheick Toure hauled Mills down from Agyemang’s free kick.

Dulwich manager Gavin Rose took the sensible step of taking off Okuonghae and replacing him with Ibrahim Kargbo.

Kiernan tried his luck with a shot that was punched out by Edwards before Kargbo made a vital block from a goal bound Paterson shot.

Having not made anything of their opportunities, Welling paid the price, Sanchez Ming burst down the right wing before cutting in and pulling back for Dipo Akinyemi to finish from close range.

It could have been worse for Welling when Clunis pulled back for Dominic Vose but John Paul Kissock made an outstanding block to keep them in the game.

One last chance came Welling’s way but Edwards was not troubled unduly when saving from Kiernan bringing to an end their F.A. Trophy hopes for another season.

Welling United: Wilks, McNamara (Kissock 79), Genovesi, Ijaha (Goldberg 79), Orlu, Ambroisine, Kiernan, Agyemang, Paterson, Mills, L’Ghoul. Subs not used: Hajizadeh, Mendy, Acheampong.