Jarod Lewington’s late equaliser for Truro City meant that Welling United had to settle for a point on their travels.

Things did not start well for Welling as Jordan Gibbons had to be replaced after just four minutes through injury and Charles Banya came on for his Welling United league debut.

Having just come on, Banya was then taken out by a shocking challenge by Austen Booth. After lengthy treatment Banya was able to continue and Booth escaped with a yellow card.

Jack Jebb’s free kick caused chaos in the penalty area and after a massive scramble Richard Orlu calmed things down before laying back for David Ijaha to have a shot that was blocked.

Niall Thompson shot wide from a long way out before Welling went ahead. Again Jebb was the creator when launching a corner that was knocked on for Thierry Audel to finish at the far post for his third goal of the season.

Danny Mills was then found by Jebb but he chose to try and make space for himself rather than shoot first time and a defender threw himself into the line of fire to block the eventual goal attempt.

Jon-Paul Pittman and Tyler Harvey combined well for Truro to find Thompson in space but he shot over from a tight angle when he may have done better to look for an option in the middle.

Brendan Kiernan worked a position and crossed. Although it was blocked, it came back out at an angle that allowed him to fire a shot but his effort was deflected wide for a corner.

He was again in action soon after when going on a long run before having another shot that hit a defender and went wide of the post.

After the interval the hosts showed a little more attacking intention and a free kick from Connor Riley-Lowe was met by Ed Palmer but his flicked effort went beyond the post.

Billy Palfrey then crossed for Tyler Harvey to flick on but Dan Wilks made a great save to keep it out.

At the other end, Jebb’s free kick was met by Richard Orlu but his header flew over.

Orlu had another opportunity soon after when Jebb’s cross was knocked down by Anthony Acheampong but he fired well over.

Out of the blue, Truro equalised, A long ball was pumped forward and Wilks came out for it but didn’t make it. A scramble ensued and Thompson hooked it home.

Both teams made double substitutions and five minutes later, Welling regained the lead through one of the replacements. Kiernan again found space down the wing and his cross was met by an instinctive finish by Bradley Goldberg.

Kiernan had another shot that went just wide as Welling tried to see the game out.

Referee David McNamara decided that three additional minutes should be played but Truro equalised in the fifth extra minute. A deep corner was met by Lewington and he headed home gleefully.

Before Welling had a chance to mount another attack, the final whistle was blown and Welling were left to reflect on two points dropped.

Welling United: Wilks, Gibbons (Banya 4), Braham-Barrett, Audel, Acheampong, Orlu (L’Ghoul 70), Jebb, Ijaha (Goldberg 70), Mills, Kissock, Kiernan. Subs not used: Mendy, McCallum.