After 'The Beast from the East' and 'Storm Emma' ensured that there was no football possible on Saturday, Welling travelled to Wealdstone for some Monday night football.

Having enjoyed naming an unchanged team for the first time this season in their last game, Welling manager Jamie Coyle eas forced to make two changes at Wealdstone. Ben Jefford's injury sustained at Concord meant that Archie Johnson was restored to the first team whilst Connor Dymond's suspension brought about a recall for Olumide Durojaiye.

Although Wealdstone had started the livlier, their goalkeeper, Jonathan North, was the first to be called into action when making a good save from Ryan Hall's low drive.

Bailey Vose then had to make his first intervention when coming out quickly as Martin Whichelow broke through.

Joe Healy tried a first time shot for Welling but couldn't get any power then Bradley Bubb fired over for Wealdstone from a tight angle.

Vose made his first save from a header from Mustafa Tiryaki but it had no power and was an easy claim for Welling's keeper.

Whichelow then left two defenders in his wake when cutting in from the left but the angle was tight and his attempt to slide it in at the far post went just wide.

Despite having to defend well, Welling came very close to going ahead from a corner. It fell to Jack Parkinson and his fierce drive was cleared off the line and scrambled away to safety.

Then it was the hosts turn to come close when Whichelow stole in at the far post to convert a deep cross but he had gone too early and it was chalked out for offside.

He then turned provider with a teasing cross but Bubb could only head straight into the grateful arms of Vose.

Healy shot wide of the near post for Welling before Ian Gayle headed over for the Stones from Danny Green's free kick.

Another moment of desperation in the Wealdstone defence almost resulted in a Welling goal but Hall wanted one touch too many and it was cleared.

Green almost caught Welling out with a near post corner but Vose got across in time to claw it out.

Immediately after the break Durojaiye connected well with a shot from twenty-five yards but it was too straight and North was able to claim.

Again Whichelow threatened when he pulled back to Green but his shot was blocked and cleared away.

Ricky Wellard then had a reaction header go straight into the hands of Vose before a long range Goldberg shot was blocked away by Gayle.

Tiryaki then headed straight at Vose from Green's free kick before Healy set up Goldberg who shot wide from twenty yards.

Jack Jebb's brilliant flick then created another shooting chance for Goldberg, but again he was off target.

As the game moved into the final fifteen minutes, Welling started to give away cheap free kicks as the defence felt the effects of their hard work. Green fired one over from a great position.

Substitute David Pratt then flashed a shot over before Dylan Kearney belted a free kick into the wall.

In the second minute of injury time, Wealdstone had another dead-ball opportunity and this time they made the most of it when Wellard got on the end of a corner and headed beyond Vose.

There was almost an immediate response but Callum Driver's powerful drive was deflected just past the far post.

Welling United: Vose, Driver, Johnson, Durojaiye, Acheampong, Parkinson, Jebb, Healy, Goldberg, Philpot (Monakana 86), Hall (Nanetti 60). Subs not used: Coyle, Sinclair, Gossemna.