In perishing conditions, Welling United ground out an excellent result at Concord Rangers.

For the first time all season, Jamie Coyle was able to name an unchanged side having beaten St. Albans City one week earlier.

Hosts Concord were unbeaten at home since mid-September so this was always going to be a tough challenge but Welling showed that they could scrap for a result as well as play good football to win matches.

Both goalkeepers were in action early on. Bailey Vose made an excellent close range save from Femi Akinwande then Louis saved well from Jack Jebb's free kick.

Joe Healy tried his luck when firing well over from thirty yards and Bradley Goldberg was unable to keep a shot down.

Two former Wings then combined to give Concord another opening. Ben Greenhalgh slung over a free kick that Aristide Bassele headed just over.

Akinwande fired in a long range effort that bobbled badly but Vose stayed watchful and got behind it.

Ben Jefford was then bundled into the fence needlessly by Khale Da Costa with such force that he was stretchered off and taken to hospital where he needed stitches to facial and arm injuries. Da Costa escaped with a caution and Archie Johnson replaced Jefford at left-black.

Callum Driver then saw Wells off his line but the goalkeeper got back to save Driver's forty yard effort.

Joe Healy's measured header gave Goldberg another shooting opportunity but Wells made a fantastic save to keep it out.

Jamie Philpot was next to try his luck from Goldberg's pull back but it went just wide before Vose saved from Bassele with Jack Parkinson back to clear up.

Five minutes into first half injury time, Welling went ahead. Goldberg's header was cleared off the line but only as far as Parkinson and he made no mistake from ten yards.

Early in the second half Vose had to be alert to save Da Costa's cross that caught in the wind before Goldberg had a shot that was saved comfortably.

Philpot had a header blocked wide before Greenhalgh had a calamitous two minute spell that he may want to forget. First an own goal when he dived to meet Ryan Hall's free kick, but instead of clearing, he headed into his own net via the crossbar.

Just ninety seconds later he missed a penalty. Parkinson fouled Da Costa in the area. Greenhalgh stepped up but smashed his spot-kick against the crossbar and it flew out.

After that, Welling looked comfortable although Steve Cawley fired over from inside the six yard box.

Jebb had a deflected shot saved and Wells made a comfortable save from Healy as Welling saw out the game to claim three important points.

Welling United: Vose, Driver, Jefford (Johnson 29), Dymond, Acheampong, Parkinson, Jebb, Healy, Goldberg (Durojaiye 81), Philpot (Nanetti 90), Hall. Subs not used: Coyle, Monakana.