Coming into the game on the back of three consecutive victories, Welling United were favourites to continue their good run when entertaining Gloucester City at Park View Road.

Having gone in level at half time, expectations were even higher as after the break they were playing with the slope. It was not to be, however, as the visitors showed the greater desire and claimed a well deserved three points.

Two Welling players, goalkeeper Bailey Vose and wide player Ryan Hall, made their Welling debuts following the departures of Jonathan Miles and Harley Willard.

Vose was required to make a save early on when Karnell Chambers found Harry Williams but the goalkeeper did well to help settle any nerves that he might have had.

Soon after he made another good stop when turning Ed Williams' free kick over.

Lewis Hall burst down the left but fired into the road before Archie Johnson twice did well to come round from behind to sweep up.

Eventually, Welling came into the game and a good team move allowed Connor Dymond a chance to shoot but James Hamon made a comfortable save.

However, his next save was far more spectacular when keeping out Bradley Goldberg's good effort.

After the break Chris Knowles headed over from substitute Issal Kelly's cross before Hall sent a curler wide of the far post.

Chambers broke the deadlock two minutes before the hour mark breaking through before firing across Vose and inside the far post.

Within two minutes, Welling levelled. Goldberg made space for himself on the edge of the area before putting in a shot that Hamon could only help into the net.

Tom Bradbrook shot wide for Welling before they conceded from their own corner for the second time in three games. Ed Williams was sent away but Johnson did well to hold him up. Williams tried to spin but before he could shoot Christian Nanetti attempted to nick it off his toes only to wallop it into the back of his own net from well outside the area.

Ed Williams crashed a free kick wide before Welling again equalised. Nanetti broke into the penalty area only to be tripped by Sam Avery and a spot kick was awarded. Goldberg stepped up and converted for his fourth goal in three games.

It looked as though the game was going to finish with honours even until Williams fired home first time from the edge of the area.

There could have been another equaliser but Dymond's effort was cleared off the line by Avery.

Gloucester should have scored in the last minute of injury time but Joe Parker failed to pick out an unmarked Rhys Kavanagh and the chance was gone.

Jamie Coyle will need to lift his Welling team quickly for their visit to Bognor Regis Town on Tuesday.

Welling United: Vose, Driver, Johnson, Dymond, Acheampong, Parkinson, Monakana (Nanetti 69), Durojaiye (Jebb 73), Goldberg, Healy, Hall (Bradbrook 55). Subs not used: Jefford, Coyle.