2018 started a lot better for Dartford than for Welling United in the second of their two festive season meetings.

Early half chances went Welling's way. Jeffrey Monakana's long throw was only half cleared and Jamie Coyle following up aimed a shot at the top corner from 25 yards ut was off target.

Then Elliott Romain held up well before laying off to Tom Bradbrook but he sliced his effort wide from the edge of the area.

At the other end Mark Onyemah crossed for Danny Mills but he could only float his header straight into the arms of Ryan Sandford.

Eighteen minutes were on thee clock when Andy Pugh played in Ryan Hayes and he fired home between Sandford and the near post.

Joe Healy created Welling's next opening when finding Elliot Romain but his fierce drive was beaten out by Deren Ibrahim.

Their next attack proved more fruitful. Christian Nanetti slung in a cross that demanded to be headed home and Romain obliged with a thumping header beyond Ibrahim.

Elliott Bradbrook hit a fierce drive that struck Jamie Coyle and went wide for a corner. Bradbrook wanted more believing there was a hand involved but his claims were waved away.

Hayes and Pugh combined again when the former's cross was met by a strong header that Sandford did well to keep out before Callum Driver hit a thirty yard free kick high and wide for Welling.

Thirty eight minutes had passed when Dartford went back ahead. Hayes sent Danny Harris away down the right wing and his pull back was slammed home by Pugh.

Just before the break the same three players combined again but Pugh's header from Harris' cross went wide.

There was still time for Welling to have one more attempt but Connor Dymond's fierce drive was blocked bravely by Ronnie Vint.

Both goalkeepers made excellent saves after the interval. First Nanetti found Healy whose shot looked destined for the top corner before Ibrahim intervened with a full stretch tip over.

Then it was Sandford's turn when Mills got in behind but the Wings' goalkeeper was quick to react and make the save.

Driver shot over from a tight angle for Welling and Nathan Collier had a shot deflected well wide from thirty yards.

Another Welling attack came and went when Bradbrook got clear, rounded Ibrahim and found Romain. Dartford got back quickly and squeezed him out of getting a shot away.

Collier tried his luck again but launched his shot out of the ground before Monakana went on a run across the face of goal before firing in a tame shot outside the post.

Once more Romain had a low shot blocked wide and the end to end football continued when Pugh gave Tom Murphy the opportunity to cut in and shoot but Sandford made a comfortable diving save.

Alfie Pavey came on as a substitute for Mills and within six minutes, he scored the all important third Dartford goal. Hayes crossed, Bradbrook headed against the post and the striker who started the season at Park View Road was first to the rebound to net.

Bradley Goldberg, a Welling substitute, had a shot saved easily and Driver fired in a low drive that was well held by Ibrahim.

Pavey added a fourth thirteen minutes from time when converting Pugh's cross with a shot that Sandford half saved before it dribbled in.

Healy had a shot blocked and Romain teed himself up well but volleyed wide as Welling refused to throw in the towel but it was too little too late.

Dartford: Ibrahim, Harris, Onyemah, Bonner, Vint, Collier, Hayes (Della-Verde 83), Bradbrook, Mills (Pavey 66), Pugh (Ofori-Acheampong 80), Murphy Subs not used: Sho-Silva, Coxall.

Welling United: Sandford, Driver, Jefford (Durojaiye 78), Dymond, Coyle, Parkinson, Monakana (Jebb 85), Healy, Romain, Bradbrook, Nanetti (Goldberg 69). Subs not used: Francis, Phipps.