Welling United arrested their run of home defeats with a draw against Truro City at Park View Road.

Manager Jamie Coyle surprised many by changing formation to 3-5-2 to match Truro. As a result, the two teams cancelled each other out for much of the game and clear cut chances were at a premium.

Callum Driver, a midweek signing from Hemel Hempstead Town, came in for his debut and impressed at right wing back. Ian Gayle was also given a start as one of the three centre backs.

An early Jack Jebb corner found Jack Parkinson at the far post but stretching, he found the angle too tight and could only find the side netting.

Tom Bradbrook used his strength to hold off two centre backs but it fell slightly out of his reach and he was unable to find the accuracy or the power to trouble Tom McHale in the Truro goal.

On eighteen minutes, Jebb slung in a great cross and Parkinson claimed a slight touch to see it home.

However, six minutes later parity was restored when Cody Cooke blocked Ben Harding's strike before spinning and firing home.

Bradley Goldberg was a menace to the Truro defence throughout and went on a strong run down the right before cutting in and shooting wide of the near post.

Tyler Harvey tried his luck for Truro and Ryan Sandford made a good save then at the other end Goldberg turned and shot but McHale saved comfortably.

Parkinson made a crucial block from Cooke after a free kick was not cleared just before half time.

Ben Jefford put in a great cross just after the break and Goldberg headed home at the near post but it was disallowed for what must have been a very tight offside decision.

That had greater significance when Truro went ahead moments later. Somehow Connor Riley-Lowe found Tyler Harvey and even though it came to his wrong foot with the angle against him, he fired home clinically.

Two injuries in quick succession hampered Welling with Joe Healy and Bradbrook replaced by Christian Nanetti and Eli Phipps but they scored immediately after.

They were awarded a free kick on the edge of the area and Jebb's placement was perfect, over the wall and into the top corner. McHale had no chance.

Aaron Lamont came close to putting Truro ahead again but his long distance shot crashed back off the bar.

At the other end, Driver almost marked his debut with a goal when his effort from 25 yards flew just over.

Sandford made a good save from Cooke before the Truro striker headed wide from Harvey's cross.

Another Jebb delivery found Harry Phipps at the far post but his header was blocked as Welling finished the game strongly.

McHale made an excellent save from Goldberg after he'd been given the opportunity by good work from Nanetti.

Once more Goldberg was in the thick of it with a shot that was deflected over but Truro might have nicked all three points in the closing minutes when Harvey had a chance that failed to hit the target.

Due to their early exit from the F.A. Trophy, Welling now have a two week break before their next game that should help with the two players that picked up injuries and others who are carrying knocks.

Welling United: Sandford, Gayle, Jefford (Johnson 83), H. Phipps, Coyle, Parkinson, Driver, Healy (Nanetti 57), Bradbrook (E. Phipps 61), Goldberg, Jebb. Subs not used: Francis, Monakana.