Whilst Welling United continue to pick up excellent results on the road, they disappoint on home soil.

Their latest defeat at Park View Road has ended any hopes that they may have had of a cup run as they were knocked out of the F.A. Trophy by Weston-super-Mare.

Although they hit the woodwork twice, they were second best for the majority of the match and Weston were deserved winners.

Ryan Sandford came in on loan from Millwall for his Welling debut in goal, Joe Healy missed out through suspension, and Christian Nanetti was dropped to the bench as all three Welling strikers, Tom Bradbrook, Bradley Goldberg and Eli Phipps, started.

Connor Dymond went on a long run down the right wing before cutting in and firing over for Welling before they were forced on to the back foot.

Sandford had to claim a low drive from the left from Jake Lee, then another from the right from Danny Greenslade.

Lee was then unable to finish at the far post from a Dayle Grubb free kick before Harvey Smith tried an overhead kick that didn't work and went well wide.

Greenslade's long cross became a shot but was easily saved before Welling had a rare effort when Jeffrey Monakana tried his luck from distance but his chip landed on the roof of the net.

Grubb had a shot deflected before Welling came close on the stroke of half time. Jack Jebb made room for himself with a clever turn before finding Goldberg. He drove low from the edge of the area but his shot hit the base of the post before going wide.

One minute into the second half, Weston scored what proved to be the only goal of the match. Grubb created the opening before passing to Gethyn Hill who surged to the edge of the area before firing home.

Sandford and Jamie Coyle then had a misunderatanding but the goalkeeper did well to save the Welling player-managers header back at the second attempt.

Naby Diallo had a long shot that took a slight deflection off Hill but was still saved comfortably before Phipps was off target from well out for Welling.

Goldberg finally drew a good save out of Luke Purnell before Grubb had a free kick saved comfortably for the Seagulls.

Monakana hit a deep angled cross that Bradbrook headed against the bar but Jake Reid missed a good chance for Weston from Greenslade's free kick.

Substitute Christian Nanetti had a shot blocked by his own team mate Bradbrook, but although he fired home the referee's whistle had already blown for offside.

Bradbrook headed wide from Jebb's corner before Lee did likewise from Greenslade's delivery at the other end.

Then Lee cut in from the right before drilling a cross shot beyond the far post before Grubb had two shots blocked.

Well into injury time Goldberg came close to earning Welling a replay but Purnell made an acrobatic save to see his team through.

Welling United: Sandford, Dymond, Johnson (Nanetti 74), Durojaiye, Coyle, Parkinson (Gayle 46), Monakana, Jebb, Bradbrook, Goldberg, Phipps. Subs not used: Francis, Jefford, Milton.