After a 5-1 drubbing at Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday, Bromley’s Bank Holiday weekend woes continued with a single goal defeat to old rivals Sutton United at a sunny Hayes Lane on Monday.

Saturday saw The Ravens come up against John Still’s impressive Daggers side who proved too strong for Neil Smith’s men in every department.

Michael Cheek scored the first of his two goals early on before Luke Wanadio briefly drew Bromley level finishing off a great passing move, but from there it was a game dominated by the home side who led 3-1 at the break and added a further two in the second period.

Neil Smith rang the changes after the defeat at Dagenham, but after Bret Williams blazed an early chance over the bar they were then put on the back foot by the visitors.

Kieron Cadogan went close twice and had another effort saved by David Gregory before Craig Eastmond put Sutton in front on 23minutes when he drove the ball high into the net from a tight angle.

Louis John had a header from a free kick saved soon after before former Ravens top scorer Moses Emmanuel fired just wide. The game grew tetchy and there were a number of fouls and card shown as the half went on.

A late break up field from George Porter lead to a corner, but Bromley could find no way through the visitors defence.

The second half saw Bromley start well, Williams crossed for Jack Holland who headed wide and Josh Rees was off target with a shot before tempers flared again around the hour after a terrible foul on Frankie Raymond by Eastmond saw the Sutton man escape a card.

Sutton rallied from there Cadogan had a free kick saved by Gregory and Josh Taylor put Craig Dundass’ cross wide before Kenny Davis missed a great chance firing wide of the target when well placed in the box.

Late on The Ravens finally created something again when Rees headed a chance over for The Ravens and then an injury time free kick from the left that saw keeper Gergory go up, drifted tamely wide over a packed penalty area and Bromley’s chances of a point go with it.

Bromley must now look to turn a run of two defeats round when they travel to Wrexham on Saturday, before heading to AFC Fylde a week later and then returning home for the visit of Torrquay United on Tuesday 12th September.