Nortei Nortey's Vardy-style goal finished off an excellent Easter for Welling.

Having won a hard fought point playing the majority of the game with ten men at Eastleigh they claimed three excellent points at home to Woking.

After a cagey first ten minutes, Welling looked like they should have been awarded a penalty when Sahr Kabba was dragged down in the area but the referee saw an infringement the other way that few others in the ground noticed.

It might have proved costly soon after when Joey Jones' looping header was tipped on to the bar and over by Michael McEntegart.

Daniel Carr then spun well in the area but shot just over.

Although the visitors enjoyed a little more of the possession, Welling looked dangerous on the break and a marauding Scott Kashket run ended up falling to Kabba whose first time shot was saved brilliantly by Jake Cole.

John Goddard was then unlucky with a curling free kick that struck the bar but went over.

After 28 minutes Welling went ahead. Kashket swung over a corner that Kevin Lokko met with a powerful header at the far post that gave Cole no chance.

For the third time in the first half. Woking struck the woodwork when Goddard fired in from the near post but Ian Gayle was on hand to make a fine goal line clearance as Matt Robinson closed in.

Matt Butcher tried his luck with a long range effort that was slowed down by a deflection and saved comfortably by McEntegart.

Goddard then pulled up injured with a suspected ankle injury and had to be replaced by Bruno Andrade.

There was no other real opening in the first half despite three additional minutes played.

Nine minutes after the break, Woking levelled. Robinson burst free and his low cross struck Gayle and flew in at the near post.

Things didn't look great for Welling when the impressive Kabba limped off but replacement Kadell Daniel was eager to get on and make an impression.

Within minutes, he broke away and was taken out by Jones with a challenge that bordered on a straight red. Incredibly, he wasn't even shown a second yellow.

However, whilst the Welling supporters were again berating the official, the free kick was taken and met by a Nortei Nortey flick that left Cole beaten.

Bruno Andrade was off target with a header before Kieron Murtagh headed a free header down and over from six yards out.

Luke Saggers was then introduced for his Welling debut and had a great chance to make an immediate impact. Joey Taylor sent him clear with a delicious defence splitting pass but his attempt to slot home was kept out by a fine save by Cole.

Cole made another save from Ibrahim Kargbo before substitute Giuseppe Sole missed a great chance from close range.

Murtagh for Woking and Daniel for Welling had shots saved but Welling held on comfortably for their first victory since 13th October.

Welling United: McEntegart,Williams, Taylor, Kargbo,Gayle, Lokko (Saggers 73), Nortey, Corne, Kabba (Daniel 57), Kashket (Porter 87) , Wanadio. Unused substitutes: Bloxsome, Harris.