A late brace from George Saville clinched all three points for Millwall in a 2-1 win against Reading at the Den.

After going a goal down in the 73rd minute, it looked as though the unbeaten run would come to an end, but Neil Harris’ men persevered for the win.

Victory tonight pushes the club into 12th position in the Sky Bet Championship.

The Lions started the game with a similar intensity and vigour that was present in their win against Leeds last week, ensuring that the visitors had little comfort on the ball where possible.

A deflected cross from George Saville in the 18th minute found Steve Morison, who laid it off to Shaun Williams, however the shot was safely held Reading’s shot-stopper.

Jaap Stam’s men did not have their first attempt on target until the half hour, when Liam Moore cut inside from wide to let fly from the edge of the box before Jordan Archer parried the shot wide of the post.

While the first half suffered from a lack of clear cut chances, both sides had their opportunities.

Onyednima had a guilt-edge chance to challenge Mannone when Wallace broke free of his marker at the byline, but he did not even connect with the ball as it sailed past him minutes before half-time.

Meanwhile, a crucial block by Conor McLaughlin probably prevented the Royals from a goal as it ricocheted out for a corner.

Neil Harris’ men continued the second half as well as they started the first, but looked a little fatigued as the game went on.

The home side forced the initiative, but a goal from Reading midfielder David Edwards on 73 minutes broke the deadlock stunned the Den.

But continued efforts paid off as George Saville netted the equaliser from a Shaun Williams set-piece to get Millwall level.

Supporters from both sides rallied for another, but it was the home side again as Saville fired one in from outside box as it was teed up for him.

Reading desperately pushed for the equaliser late on, and Millwall scrambled to defend their goal, but they simply could not get it.