MIGUEL Llera grabbed an injury time equaliser for nine-man Charlton against Swindon to preserve the Addicks’ unbeaten home record.

Sam Sodje and Deon Burton were both sent off in the first half, leaving the Addicks to play the majority of the game with nine men.

Jonjo Shelvey had given the hosts a 38th minute lead in between the two dismissals, but Swindon struck back after the break through Charlie Austin and Billy Paynter.

However, Llera had the last say when he coolly lobbed Swindon keeper David Lucas at the death to earn the hosts an unlikely point.

Phil Parkinson made four changes to the side which drew 4-4 with Millwall seven days ago.

Illness forced Christian Dailly to miss out, Lloyd Sam was suspended, David Mooney was ruled out through injury and Scott Wagstaff was dropped to the bench.

In came Llera, Matt Spring, Shelvey and Akpo Sodje as the Addicks decided on a change of approach by adopting a diamond formation.

Spring had the first attempt within 20 seconds but his volley from 25-yards was well off target.

Llera’s low free-kick took a deflection for a corner, from which Akpo Sodje’s header took a touch off a Swindon player and then Llera headed wide from the second flag kick as Charlton started brightly.

They should have broken the deadlock on 10 minutes but somehow Burton opted to place his header wide after meeting Shelvey’s inviting cross, despite being completely unmarked.

At the other end, Grant Basey did well to clear Alan Sheehan’s ball into the box with Jon-Paul McGovern breathing down his neck.

Shelvey’s long ball forward on 14 minutes was chested down by Burton into the path of Nicky Bailey, who fired in a shot from 25 yards which just went over the bar.

Charlton were reduced to 10-men four minutes later when Sam Sodje was shown a straight red card for a two-footed lunge on McGovern, forcing Jose Semedo into central defence.

Rob Elliot was alert to push over Paynter’s effort midway through the first half as Swindon looked to quickly capitalise on their numerical advantage.

The Addicks had a decent shout for a penalty ignored in the 35th minute when Jonathan Douglas and Lescinel Jean-Francois both appeared to have stopped Akpo Sodje in his tracks just inside the area.

However, the Addicks did get their noses in front two minutes later.

Akpo Sodje went on a forward run and played a low pass for Burton, which landed at the feet of Shelvey and the 17-year-old placed a low shot from 20 yards beyond the reach of David Lucas.

But things took a major turn for the worse four minutes later when Burton, who had already been booked, needlessly punched the ball out of Lucas’ hand and picked up a second yellow to leave Charlton in single figures.

The first priority would be to get the break with the one-goal lead in tact, a task not made any easier by the fact five minutes of stoppage time were added on by the increasingly unpopular officials.

Cuthbert came close for the Robins when he headed wide from six yards, while Elliot did well to push away McGovern’s free-kick, an incident which was to prove the final moment of action in an incident packed first half.

As expected, Swindon had plenty of possession at the start of the second period but Charlton did well to limit their attempts in the opening exchanges.

Elliot Omozusi was in the right place to head Kevin Amankwaah’s effort off the line on 54 minutes, while Shelvey did well to test Lucas with a 25-yard shot.

However, the almost inevitable equaliser arrived in the 56th minute when Amankwaah’s cross was converted at the near post by Charlie Austin.

Substitute Alan O’Brien’s asot from 25-yards went wide, but Charlton were unfortunate not to restore the lead on the hour.

Bailey’s free-kick picked out Akpo Sodje was saved by Lucas and Llera’s shot was cleared off the line by Douglas from the resulting corner.

Paynter headed wide from Amankwaah’s delivery moments before Leon McKenzie came on to replace the hard-working Akpo Sodje, who cut a solitary figure for long periods of the game as the sole red shirted player in Swindon’s half of the field.

Semedo’s 72nd minute clearance only went as far as Sheehan, who produced a good shot from 20 yards which was well held by Elliot.

But Charlton were finally undone in the 74th minute when Swindon got their noses in front.

Substitute Ben Hutchinson found Austin and his low cross across the face of the box was fired home at the back post by Paynter.

Austin was unfortunate not to connect with McGovern’s 81st minute cross as Swindon went in search of a third.

Parkinson threw on Wagstaff and the returning Chris Dickson in a desperate bid to salvage an unlikely point from the game.

And the change almost paid off when Wagstaff’s cross found McKenzie, although he didn’t connect well with it and the ball was eventually scrambled away.

Charlton decided to throw everything at their opponents in stoppage time, opting to play three up front.

The clock was running down when Semodo’s throw was met Spring, whose long ball into the area picked out Llera.

The Spanish defender outmuscled Amankwaah, took one touch before cleverly lobbing Lucas to send the home faithful home relieved but very happy.

What a finish!

Charlton: Elliot, Omozusi (Wagstaff 81), Llera, Basey, Spring, Semedo, Bailey, Shelvey (Dickson 83), Burton, A Sodje (McKenzie 69). Subs not used: Randolph, Racon, McLeod, Solly. Att: 17,977.