Bromley gained promotion to Sky Bet League Two after beating Solihull Moors on penalties in the National League play-off final at Wembley Stadium.

The Ravens almost got off to the perfect start when Louis Dennis took a touch on the edge of the box before firing just past the post.

And they were handed their second chance in as many minutes when Idris Odutayo’s shot whistled past the post too.

Joe Sbarra caused Bromley problems at the other end and provided Grant Smith with his first test of the game when his deflected shot dipped into the gloves of the Bromley goalkeeper.

Smith’s opposite number Nick Hayes was called into action moments later when Ashley Charles did really well to find Corey Whitely before the number 18 cut inside, drilling a low shot goalwards which was dealt with.

The deadlock was broken five minutes before half-time, when Whitely played through Michael Cheek who buried his shot into the bottom corner as Andy Woodman’s men took a lead into the break.

But Solihull hit back just minutes into the second half, as Sbarra pounced on a rebound to level proceedings.

However, the Ravens were awarded a penalty just before the hour mark and up stepped Cheek to blast past Hayes and restore Bromley’s lead.

Once again, the advantage didn’t last long, though, as Jamey Osborne levelled things up for a second time.

The Ravens pushed for a late winner and Whitely almost bagged himself the glory when his shot hit the side-netting before Jude Arthurs saw a low shot saved deep into stoppage time.

Level after 90 minutes, the final would extend to extra-time and Bromley almost got their noses back in front just seconds after the restart when Alex Kirk burst forward before bending a shot narrowly high and wide.

The Arsenal loanee was hunting for the winner and nearly grabbed it four minutes into the added half hour when he headed a corner onto the crossbar.

Kirk was at it again on 114 minutes when his strike cannoned back off the post in the final chance of the game, meaning the outcome would be decided on penalties.

Smith saved Solihull’s first two attempts, either side of Cheek’s successful spot-kick.

And Olufela Olomola and Arthurs netted two more for Bromley as Solihull buried their next three, meaning skipper Byron Webster had to score to win it for the Ravens.

And he did just that, smashing home from the spot to cap an historic day as the Ravens prepare to play in the Football League for the first time come August.