Home woes continued for Welling United as Concord Rangers claimed all three points at Park View Road.

Fewer than two mad minutes for Welling immediately after half time defined the match and allowed the Beachboys the three points to take them off the foot of the table.

Medy Elito and Christie Pattisson both remained absent through injury, and they were joined on the sidelines by Rob Howard. Although George Alexander had recovered from illness, Wings manager Warren Feeney chose to ease him back in gently by naming him on the bench. Sam Cox replaced Howard at right back, Aaron Barnes was given a start on the right side of midfield, and Ade Azeez and Stefan Payne paired up front.

Mitch Beeney made the first save of the match to thwart Amadou Kassarate before Sam Cox squared to Stefan Payne who shot wide from the edge of the penalty area. Kassarate then missed a great chance when blasting over from ten yards after a shot by Cox was blocked into his path.

Cox was cautioned harshly for a foul before a challenge on Ade Azeez was sufficient to cause him to head Taylor Maloney’s cross wide of the near post. Welling goalkeeper Myles Roberts was then called into action when saving Quentin Monville’s low drive, however, it was Welling who again came close. Chi Ezennolim crossed, Azeez headed it down only for Maloney’s first time close range shot to fly wide.

Despite Welling kicking off the second half, they went behind immediately. Maloney tried to pass to James Dunne but Alex Hernandez nicked it away and sent Mo Bettamer clear. The striker, who once scored a London Senior Cup final winner for the Wings, made no mistake when rifling home from twenty yards.

Ben Steward fired just wide for the Rangers before Cox flew in on a tackle and was shown a second yellow and red card. After that, Welling struggled to create anything and the Concord centre-backs, Lewis Manor and Aron Pollock, both won headers from dead ball situations but couldn’t convert them.

Stefan Payne was well off target when cutting in from the left before Feeney made a double change just short of the hour mark. Maloney and Azeez were withdrawn with Antony Papadopoulos and Alexander replacing them.

It made little difference and Welling may have gone further behind when a corner of their own was cleared and Hernandez went on a long run before letting fly causing Roberts to make a stunning one handed diving save.

Barnes sustained an injury to add to the mounting list and had to be replaced by Manny Parry and they may have gone further behind had Ben Williamson not shot well wide.

Finally, in stoppage time, Welling had another shot on target but the angle was against Payne and it hit Beeney on the chest before the goalkeeper dropped on it before it squirmed away.

Defeat left the Wings just six points clear of the drop zone and they visit Weymouth, another bottom four club, next Saturday.

Welling United: Roberts, Cox, Ezennolim, Dunne, Sendles-White, Lyons-Foster, Barnes (Parry 73), Kassarate, Azeez (Alexander 59), Payne, Maloney (Papadopoulos 59). Sub not used: McKenzie-Lyle, Curran.