We are now over the halfway stage in the South London & Kent Pool Alliance summer season, and it looks like Sharks are on their way to lifting the Elite League title. 


They are now only one of two teams in the entire league that have remained unbeaten this season after a, 3-0 & 10-5 victory over one of their nearest rivals, Bull Tavern. 


Shane O’Reilly was in great form for Bull, winning both of his frames, but Vu Son is on fire for Sharks this season after another hat-trick performance, which included a break and dish. 


This result has put Sharks six points clear at the top of the table, with the next four teams, including Bull, all on nine points. 


Two of those teams, Cocked Hats and Hotshots faced each other this week and the points were shared, with Cocked Hats winning, 2-1 in sets and Hotshots scoring more frames,8-7. 


Steve Dixon cocked his hat the most, with two wins out of two frames played. 


The other team on nine points are New Eltham New Stars and they had a tough match this week against Eltham Terrace Nuthouse. 


New Stars won the first two frames, but Nuthouse pulled it back to two all, before Steve Pearce took frame five, giving New Stars a, 3-2 lead. 


The first three frames of set two were won by players who had not played in set one, James Pope and Dan Brown for New Stars and Nuthouse’s Jon Syta. 


At, 2-1 down in the set, Scott Reeves levelled with a break and dish, before Danny Kent won frame ten to give Nuthouse the set and tie the match at, 1-1 & 5-5. 


Syta made it three in a row and put Nuthouse in the lead for the first time in the match. 


However, Steve Knight, Dan Brown and Dave Jandu won the next three frames giving New Stars the set and the match. 


In the final frame, Reeves was looking for his hat-trick and he almost achieved it in style with another break and dish, but he left the black hanging over the pocket. 


Luckily, he got another shot at it to secure his hat-trick and man of the match accolade, to make the final score, 2-1 & 8-7 to New Stars.  


Brown was New Stars only unbeaten player, winning both his frames and Nuthouse had two unbeaten players, with Syta also winning two frames and of course man of the match, Reeves, with his hat-trick and break and dish. 


The two teams sitting at the bottom of the division and both winless were Rugrats and Rose Inn, so something had to give. 


The first set was incredibly close, swinging one way then the other, with Leighton Aston winning the set decider to give Rose Inn an early, 3-2 lead.


 Ashley Hewson levelled the match, but Rose Inn won the next four frames to take the second set and put them on the hill. 


Rugrats were not lying down though and won the first three frames of the last set to take the set and reduce the deficit to, 7-6. 


Neil Mundy won the penultimate frame to give Rose Inn the bonus point, then Steve Gibson took the last frame, making the final score 2-1 & 8-7 to Rose Inn. 


The only unbeaten player on the night was Hewson for Rugrats, winning all three of his frames. 


This result lifted Rose Inn to sixth, but only one point ahead of both Nuthouse and Rugrats. 


The only other unbeaten team in the league are Eltham Terrace Rack Pack in SLKPA Tier Two West. 


This week they faced bottom of the table Hustlers Daves and it was a lot closer than the league positions suggest, with Rack Pack eventually winning, 2-1 & 9-6. 


This result leaves Daves rooted to the bottom without a win this season, while Rack Pack have a slim one-point lead at the top of the table. 


Sitting in second are Bellegrove, after they had to share the points against Farmhouse. 


Farmhouse took a shock, 2-0 lead, before Kieron Evans pulled one back for Bellegrove. 


Nick Brown won the set for Farmhouse, then Dec Kelly made it, 3-2.


The first two frames of the second set were shared, but Farmhouse shocked Bellegrove even more, with Brown and John Denahy taking the next two frames to give them the second set. 


Kelly made it a personal two out of two to bring the overall frame score, 6-4 in Farmhouse’s favour. 


Dan Heinink and James Couch levelled the match, with the first two frames of the final set, but Steve Carpenter reinstated Farmhouse’s lead.


Evans tied the match once again, giving Bellegrove a, 3-1 lead in the set. 


Kelly scored his hat-trick to give Bellegrove an, 8-7 win in frames, despite losing, 2-1 in sets. 


Pickwick were unbeaten until this week, but are now two points behind Bellegrove, after they went down to the club’s sister side, Bellegrove A.


The first frame went to Bellegrove A, with a quickfire break and dish from Ben Walsh. 


They doubled their lead, before Pickwick won two frames in a row to send the set into a final frame decider, which Jack Taylor won to snatch the set for Bellegrove. 


Pickwick won the second set by the same, 3-2 score line to tie the match at, 1-1 & 5-5. 


Bellegrove blasted out of the traps in the final set, winning the first three frames to win the match and the set. 


The last two frames were shared, making the final score, 2-1 & 9-6 in Bellegrove’s favour. 


Taylor won three out of three for Bellerove, which included an impressive finish in frame ten, and Martin Storey replied with a subdued hat-trick for Pickwick. 


Bellegrove deserved the win, after Pickwick missed many pots and they join their opponents on eight points in the table. 


It’s very tight at the top of SLKPA Tier Two East, with just one point separating the top three teams. 


Two of those, Bellegrove Flyers and Falconwood Club played each other this week and the points were shared. 


Bellegrove Flyers got off to a flyer, winning the first three frames however, Falconwood pegged them back, taking the last two frames of the set. 


Ross Webster tied the match and Tony Garrett made it four frames in a row to put Falconwood in the lead by four frames to three. 


Richard Marsh levelled the scores once again, before Falconwood won the remaining frames of the set to take it, 4-1 and secure an overall, 6-4 lead. 


Flyers won the opening frame of the last set, but Falconwood took the next two, securing the bonus point. 


With the set score still at, 1-1 the match was still up for grabs and Marsh gave Flyers a chance by winning the penultimate frame to send the match into a final frame decider. 


The two Captains, Keith Smith and Paul Baker met to decide the match, and it was Smith who held his nerve to give Flyers the match, 2-1 in sets however, the points were shared, with Falconwood scoring more frames, 8-7.


Even though the match was so close there were three unbeaten players in the match: Richard Marsh for Flyers and Brett Crawley and Paul Baker for Falconwood, all scoring three frame wins. 


This result puts Falconwood in second on thirteen points with Flyers one point and one place behind them. 


Bears are now on the same points as Falconwood, but are sitting in pole position, due to winning one more set, after a, 3-0 & 11-4 triumph over Sidcup Working Men’s Club. 


Biggest winners of the week were New Eltham New Boys, who beat Bexleyheath Working Men’s Club, 3-0 & 14-1. 


This result leaves Bexleyheath winless and pointless at the bottom of the table whereas New Boys are now in fifth, one point behind Academicals. 


They faced second bottom Happy Hustlers this week and came away with a, 3-0 & 9-6 triumph, with Reece Stewart the happiest of Hustlers, winning all three of his frames. 


For more information on the SLKPA, including league tables visit our website at www.slkpa.com or contact our Secretary, Paul Gafa on 07443 456662 or secretary@slkpa.com with any queries.


The league is always looking at potential sponsors and any interested parties can also contact Paul Gafa.