In Andy Woodman’s first game in charge, Bromley had to settle for a point against a hard working Wealdstone side.

Only five minutes had passed when the visitors opened the scoring. They had already gone close when Michael Phillips found Ryan Gondoh in space on the left side of Bromley’s defence but his drive was well saved by Mark Cousins.

Gondoh wasn’t to be denied with his next chance. He was able to advance through two challenges before launching a low drive from twenty yards that found the bottom corner giving Cousins no chance.

Having made nothing of a couple of half chances, Bromley found themselves in further strife in the eighteenth minute when Connor Smith met Dennon Lewis’ cross and guided his header in off the far post.

Danny Green was relieved to see his header sail wide of his own goal seven minutes later but Bromley pulled one back from the corner. Liam Vincent delivered and skipper Byron Webster met it with a powerful header that gave Harvey Isted no chance.

After that, Bromley took command. A corner was only half cleared and when Chris Bush chipped across goal chaos ensued but Isted managed to claim it as Michael Cheek looked to stab home.

Another good chance came and went before half time when Jude Arthurs crossed from the right and picked out Ben Williamson but he could only guide his free header straight into the arms of Isted.

Immediately after the break, Cheek got in behind but his shot flew just the wrong side of the post then Williamson did brilliantly to get to the bye-line and pull it back but Cheek was unable to get a clean strike and it went wide.

Williamson was again in the thick of it when he outmuscled his defender but the angle was against him and his shot flew behind.

Webster met a cross with an outside of the foot volley but it looped up and over before Liam Trotter’s cross was met by a stooping header by Vincent but he was unable to find the target.

Just over fifteen minutes remained when Bromley scored the equaliser that they deserved. A mistimed clearance fell into the path of Cheek and he showed his composure to fire into the bottom corner.

Although Bromley probed for the winner, the Stones defended strongly and on a rare break had a half chance of their own but after doing well down the left wing, Jacob Mendy drove his cross shot into the seats behind the goal

In the last minute of regulation time, Bromley were awarded a free kick on the edge of the area. Luke Coulson was unable to beat the defensive wall but it came out to Vincent whose first time shot flew over.

Ashley Charles was dismissed for a second yellow card offence in injury time when he delayed Bromley’s attempt to take a throw in but there wasn’t time for the Ravens to take advantage and when Isted claimed Bush’s long throw the referee called an end to the proceedings.

Woodman now has to prepare for a tough challenge on Easter Monday when the Ravens visit fellow promotion hopefuls, Stockport County, in a live televised game.

Bromley: Cousins, Kizzi, Vincent, Maloney (Raymond 67), Bush, Webster, Williamson (Alabi 87), Trotter, Cheek, Arthurs (Coulson 67), Bridge. Subs not used: Najia, Wakefield.