Bromley secured a hard fought point with two late goals against Solihull Moors at Hayes Lane on Saturday.

The Ravens started the game on top and had an early chance when Ben Williamson took the ball past two defenders and the keeper before Tyrone Williams managed to get back and clear the ball to safety.

Bromley had a number of corners as they pressed The Moors, but keeper Ryan Boot was able to deal with the aerial attack.

Solihull’s first chance came when Danny Wright went past the home defence, before seeing his shot cleared off the line by Sam Wood.

The game opened up from there with Williamson crossing for Luke Coulson who was just unable to connect with the ball at the far post.

At the other end Wright headed against the bar from a Terry Hawkridge cross.

Late on in the half Chris Bush had a shot saved from another set piece, but the momentum of the game had slowed into the break.

The second half started with both teams going even more direct, Joe Kizzi crossed for Michael Cheek who headed over, before the game descended into a bad tempered tetchy affair with off the ball incidents and late challenges.

Bromley keeper Mark Cousins on his first game back from injury tipped over a Nathan Blissett header, but he was unable to keep out the next attack when a Darren Carter free kick from out wide deflected into the net off the unfortunate Cheek.

It was a goal fitting of the quality of the game to that point, but The Ravens then almost equalised when Dave Winfield’s header from a Kizzi cross was hooked off the line.

Solihull then looked to have won the game when on 78minutes Williams combined with Hawkridge to set up sub George Carline who scored with his first touch from close range.

That could have been it, but Bromley clawed their way back almost immediately when Frankie Raymond swept home from the edge of the box to make it 1-2.

A Winfield slip then let in Carline again, but Bush made a great saving tackle to keep the home side in the match.

Callum Howe headed over from a corner as Solihull tried to put the game beyond doubt, but The Ravens created something out of nothing in injury time.

Bush played a long pass out to Coulson who then crossed the ball to Corey Whitely on the edge of the box which the sub drove powerfully home into the roof of the net for 2-2 to a huge roar from the Hayes Lane faithful.

Even deeper into injury time Winfield nearly won it for Neil Smith’s side when his overhead kick from a corner just looped over the bar, but it ended all sqaure.

A draw was probably about fair overall in this battle between teams looking to rediscover the form that had put them up in the play off spots initially. The Ravens now head to Stockport County next Saturday for another must win game if they are to turn this draw into a revival.

Bromley: Cousins, Kizzi, Winfield, Bush, Wood, Coulson, Raymond, Higgs, Rees (Clifton 72), Williamson (Whitely 60), Cheek. Subs not Used: Huddart, Rowe, Chambers.

Solihull: Boot, Williams, Storer, Gudger, Carter (Maxwell 83), Hancox, Hawkridge, Blissett (Cowley 88), Wright, Howe, Beesley (Carline 75). Subs not Used: Wycherley, Drysdale.