Keane Lewis-Potter forced home a dramatic late equaliser as Hull City denied Charlton their first win in nine games.

After Jarrod Bowen cancelled out Darren Pratley’s opener minutes into the second-half, the hosts hit back almost immediately trough Naby Sarr.

And Charlton looked to have done just enough to hold on for all three points, only for teenage substitute Lewis-Potter's header to ricochet off Dillon Phillips and in after 96 minutes.

The result sees Charlton remain seven points above the drop and their winless run extend to 10 games in the Championship.

Adam Matthews and Albie Morgan were handed starts as Lee Bowyer made two changes to the side which lost 1-0 to Huddersfield Town on Tuesday.

Alfie Doughty was set to start but has come down with an illness, so he was replaced with Morgan, while Matthews was drafted in for Solly who started during midweek.

Charlton, who had not won at home since a 3-0 victory over Derby County in October, started quickly as Morgan’s fine drive was blocked following a dangerous counter-attack.

After Bowen fired wide from Jackson Irvine’s through ball, they went ahead on 34 minutes when Pratley rose highest at the far post head home from Conor Gallagher’s corner.

The hosts looked in the mood after taking the lead and, had Hull stopper George Long not pushed away Matthews’ inviting cross, then Macauley Bonne may well have added a second with a diving header.

Gallagher went close from a free-kick soon after before Morgan curled wide of the target during an impressive first-half showing.

Despite barely threatening in the first-half, Hull equalised just minutes into the restart when Kamil Grosicki’s delivery allowed Bowen to glide in for a tap-in.

The setback did little to unnerve Charlton, however, and they responded almost immediately on 50 minutes. Sarr won the ball back before starting – and finishing – a lovely, flowing move which saw him finish easily from an inviting Jonathan Leko cross.

Hull asked questions of the Addicks during the second-half but went close to scoring when Phillips got low brilliantly to deny Bowen’s half-volley.

Phillips was called into action again during five minutes of added time when he kept out Tom Eaves’ glanced header at the far post.

But he could not do enough to deny Lewis-Potter when the substitute’s header helped salvaged a point in the dying seconds.

Charlton team: Phillips; Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce (capt.), Sarr, Purrington; Pratley, Morgan (Oshilaja 66), Gallagher; Leko, Bonne (Taylor 80).

Subs not used: Maynard-Brewer (GK), Solly, Vennings and Ledley.