After a run of defeats, Welling United claimed a well earned point at Chippenham Town.

An early Chippenham corner caused a goalmouth scramble which was eventually put out for a Chippenham corner but nothing came of that.

At the other end Joe Anderson put in an excellent diagonal cross that caused problems for Will Puddy that surprised Adam Coombes and it struck his head and went wide.

Rhys Tyler fired over before Tom Whelan cut in and shot but Dan Wilks saved comfortably. Then Chris Zebroski had a shot deflected over.

Zebroski fired in another shot that Wilks beat out then George Rigg shot at Wilks after a half chance fell into his path.

Another goalmouth scramble ended with Luke Haines firing over before Welling started to come into the game. New signing Korrey Henry had a big call for a penalty when his legs were taken from under him but the referee showed little interest.

Henry was again involved when cutting inside but he scuffed his shot wide then Rob Swaine had a header saved comfortably by Puddy from Anthony Cook’s free kick.

Soon after another shot by Henry was saved comfortably before Zebroski shot into the side netting.

Approaching half time, Sanchez Ming was left in a heap by a foul by Haines but nothing was awarded and Whelan played Chambers into the vacant space but he fired over.

After the interval Jay Rich-Baghuelou had a header saved by Puddy before Ming crossed for Adam Coombes but it was slightly behind him and he was unable to get sufficient power on his header to bother Puddy greatly.

Rob Swaine then came out of defence and sent Nathan Green away down the left wing but having got into a good position he delivered a disappointing cross that could have caused havoc.

Whelan fired just wide with a shot from twenty yards before Chambers was sent clear but his shot hit the bar and went over when he might have done better.

It was then Welling’s turn to create chances and a good run by Ming gave him the opportunity to pick out Henry, he then strode forward before firing over from twenty yards.

Will Richards then made a fantastic tackle as Henry shaped to shoot before Theo Widdrington picked up a loose ball but fired wide from the edge of the penalty area.

Aaron Cosgrave was introduced as a late substitute and caused immediate problems and was only stopped by another great block.

He then came even closer when his shot from the edge of the penalty took a slight deflection and crashed back off the post.

Luke Hopper had a long shot saved easily by Wilks before Chippenham thought that they had won it deep into injury time when Chambers bundled it home but the goal was disallowed for offside.

Welling now have a ten day break before their next league game when they entertain Dulwich Hamlet.

Welling United: Wilks, Ming, Anderson, Dymond, Swaine, Rich-Baghuelou, Cook, Waldren, Henry (Cosgrave 80), Coombes (Widdrington 67), Green (McCallum 67). Subs not used: Agyemang, Nwachuku.