Bromley and Stockport battled out an open and entertaining draw at Hayes Lane on Tuesday night with all four goals coming in a twenty minute spell during the first half.

Neil Smith’s side went into the match with the same starting eleven as Saturday’s win over Halifax and the game got off to a face paced start with Reeco Hacket-Fairchild setting up Luke Coulson who had his shot saved by Ben Hinchcliffe in the County goal.

Coulson had another effort saved soon after following a strong run into the box, but on this occasion the visitors’ keeper palmed the ball back out into the danger zone and Hackett-Fairchild pounced to drive the ball into the net from ten yards out and put The Ravens in front.

Adam Mekki had an effort saved soon after, but from there County had a strong spell of pressure and they drew level on 25minutes when Elliott Osborne finished of a strong run into the area with a powerful finish beating Ryan Huddart at his near post from a tight angle.

Stockport continued to press and they went in front ten minutes later when Jordan Keane sent a dangerous ball across the face of goal and Tom Walker ghosted in at the far post to put The Hatters in front from close range with the home defence flat footed.

The scoring for the half wasn’t done yet though as The Ravens battled back, Michael Cheek cut into the box down the left and his low dangerous cross intended for Hackett-Fairchild was turned into his own net by Sam Minihan as he tried to block the pass. Both sides created chances late on with Ash Palmer heading a corner over for Stockport, while Mekki fired over and Cheek had a well worked goal ruled out for offside.

The second half started at the same frantic pace with Bromley on top, Cheek hit the post, Josh Rees had a shot saved, Mekki fired narrowly wide and Cheek was on the spot again, but his header was saved after a great cross from Sam Wood.

The Ravens pressure continued with Hackett-Fairchild hitting the bar from a free kick after a foul on Cheek, but then around the mid-point of the second period the pace inevitably slowed. Stockport finally built up some momentum, but they were unable to create many clear opportunities, the closet being a goalmouth scramble, which saw Bush clear the ball off the line to safety vis his own crossbar.

Neil Smith changed things up for the final twenty minutes with Adrian Clifton coming on as a second striker and they pressed County for a spell with Bush going close from a free kick and Hackett-Fairchild heading over from a corner.

The final few minutes saw both sides trying to win the game with Stockport having a series of corners that Bromley defended well and at the other end Rarmani Edmonds-Green and Hackett-Fairchild both put chances just off target from set pieces.

In the end a draw was about fair over the piece, the point keeping Bromley top of the National League ahead of their trip to Wrexham on Saturday.

Bromley: Huddart, Kizzi, Wood, Holland, Bush, Klass (Clifton 71), Rees (Raymond 68), Coulson, Hackett-Fairchild, Mekki (Edmonds-Green 64), Cheek. Subs Not Used: Najia, Henry.

Stockport: Hinchcliffe, Minihan, Palmer, Keane, Thomas, Walker, Mulhern (Bell 61), Osborne (Cowan 83), Arthur, Garratt, Walker (Jackson 52). Subs Not Used: Ormson, Hammill.

Att: 2,205