Charlton saw two penalty appeals waved away as Swansea came from behind to seal victory with a 2-1 win at The Valley.

Jonathan Leko and Yan Dhanda traded early deflected strikes before Andre Ayew struck the winner on the hour before the moments of controversy.

Substitute Chuks Aneke saw his strong penalty claim turned down by referee Peter Banks shortly after his arrival as the visitors saw off a late rally from the home side which also included a strong handball appeal deep in injury time.

The result drops Lee Bowyer’s men to seventh as Steve Cooper’s Swansea hot the top.

Early Leko-Blow

Barely 90 seconds in Leko gave the already vocal Charlton fans more to cheer about.

Picking up a loose clearance from a Matthews cross, the attacker composed himself before firing to the top corner via slight deflection from the angle.

As the home side grew into the game the visitors on a rare foray into the Addicks half drew themselves level, and again it was aided by a deflection.

Teed up by Jay Fulton on the edge of the box, Dhanda’s deflected effort nested in the corner beyond a diving Dillon Phillips.

 The equaliser got the visitors tails up and they started to dictate play, albeit without creating any real opening.

Fulton fired over just before the half but neither side saw their keepers tested.

Ayew Hits Winner

Swansea thought they took the lead early in the second half but Andre Ayew’s header was deemed to come after the ball had gone out of play after an incredible point-blank Phillips save to deny Borja Baston.

Steve Cooper’s side started dominating the second half and the pressure told on 65minutes as Ayew bundled home from a corner that Charlton failed to clear.

With the home side relying on the forever willing-running but tired Leko to relieve pressure, Bowyer called upon Jonny Williams and Chuks Aneke.

Moments on arriving the latter, as well as the entire ground thought he’d won a penalty.

Everyone bar referee Banks, who adjudged the forward had fouled Rodon before going own himself.  

Bowyer’s men upped their game and through Aneke offered a more direct threat but couldn’t find the final ball when it mattered.

A late handball penalty appeal as Mike van der Hoorn looked to have made contact with the ball fro a corner was also waved away with moments to go as the visitors held out for all three points.