A Bartosz Bialkowski second-half howler gifted QPR three points at The Den after two goals from Nahki Wells consigned Millwall back to back defeats. 

Shaun Hutchinson’s goal in the 71st minute looked to have earned Millwall point before Bialkowski's mistake allowed QPR to push their winning streak to four consecutive matches. 

First Half 

Neil Harris lined his team up in a 3-5-2 formation, bringing in Jason McCarthy at full-back for his Championship debut while leaving Connor Mahoney on the bench to allow Jed Wallace to sit behind the front pair of Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Matt Smith. 

Millwall’s change of system caught QPR off guard in the opening exchanges but it took both sides up until the 14th minute to match the astmpsohere  inside the stadium. 

Shane Ferguson’s cross-shot forced Joe Lumley into making a save at his near post before Alex Pearce hurled himself in front of Jordan Hugill’s shot to deny the visitors a certain goal only a minute later. 

Both sides allowed the occasion to eat them up as instead of carrying out their manager’s game plan they immersed themselves in a dog fight as there were more tackles than passes. 

QPR were dragged out of the scrappy affair by the raw talent of former Lion  Eberechi Eze as his composure on the ball allowed his team to gain a foothold on the match as the first-half drew to a close.  

Jason Molumby’s heroic block from Ilias Chair’s volley from a corner ensured that both sides headed down the tunnel goalless. 

Second Half 

Millwall were quick out of the traps in the second half, as with Harris’ rollicking half time team talk still ringing in their ears they managed for force Joe Lumley into a round of saves. 

However, it was the visitors who took the lead against the run of play after a counter-attack from a corner ended with Nahki Wells curling into the bottom right corner on 56 minutes. 

The Lions came close to getting an equaliser ten minutes later when Ferguson found Shaun Hutchinson at the front post from a corner but the defender headed straight into Lumley’s hands. 

Neil Harris decided to introduce Tom Bradshaw to further Millwall’s chances and the striker had an instant impact on the game, as Shaun Hutchinson’s equalising goal came from the striker’s shot which bundled out for a corner. 

However, Hutchinson’s effort was made redundant when Bartoz Bialkowski miss-kicked his clearance which allowed QPR to retake the lead by allowing Wells to get his second of the game. 

Millwall was then handed a golden opportunity of their own when Ben Thompson dispossessed a Rangers defender on the edge of the box and fed Jed Wallace who blasted his shot over the bar from close range. 

The Lions bombarded the QPR box with a round of crosses in the final moments  

but all failed to meet their target as Rangers attained the bragging rights in this London derby. 


Millwall: Bialkowski, McCarthy (O’Brien 87), Hutchinson, Pearce (Mahoney 73), Cooper, Ferguson, Molumby, Thompson, J. Wallace, Bodvarsson (Bradshaw 68), Smith. 

Subs: Steele, Wallace, Williams, Leonard. 

QPR: Lumley, Kane, Barbet, Leinstner, Cameron, Ball, Manning, Chair (Pugh 82), Eze, Hugill, Wells (Scowen 73). 

Subs: Kelly, Smith, Mlakar, Masterson, Alfa. 

Attendance:  16,808 (2,112)