Millwall battled out to a 3-3 draw with Real Sociedad to ensure that they ended their preseason programme in style.

Spectacular strikes from Ben Thompson and Connor Mahoney in the second half and a Jed Wallace penalty in the first was enough to salvage a draw against the La Liga outfit.

The fixture was Millwall’s final preseason outing before they kick start their 2019/20 Championship campaign next week at The Den against Preston North End.

After losing 2-1 in their penultimate preseason friendly against Southend on Wednesday, Harris reinstated new signings Frank Fielding, Connor Mahoney, Matt Smith back into the side while also providing Shaun Williams, Aiden O’Brien and captain Alex Pearce starting berths.

Despite starting slow at Roots Hall on Wednesday, Millwall took the game to their La Liga opponents in the opening exchanges.

First Connor Mahoney played a delightful ball over the top to Aiden O’Brien who would have been through on goal hadn’t he attempted an ostentatious first touch.

The Lions then found another opportunity through the same route, this time it was Jake Cooper who pinged a diagonal ball over to Matt Smith who was dragged to the floor by Sociedad’s Modibo Sagnan.

Shaun Williams stepped up to take the awarded penalty, but unfortunately the Sociedad keeper Alejandro Remiro equally matched his poor effort.

After minutes of mounting pressure, Millwall were awarded a second penalty in the 20th minute after Jake Cooper was allegedly wrestled to the floor.

Jed Wallace made no mistake from the spot after he lashed the ball down the centre to open the scoring for the Lions.

Sociedad however, only needed two chances to ensure that they went into the break ahead.

Former Borussia Dortmund striker, Alexander Isak made no mistake after he was slipped in by Illarramendi while David Zururuza exploited poor closing down from Millwall to stroke into the top corner from 25-yards.

The visitors were not ahead for long after the break, as Ben Thompson stepped up with a rocket of his own on 49 minutes. After intercepting a pass from Zaldua, the 23 year-old curled the ball into the right hand corner from 25-yards to bring the scores level.

However, despite fighting back it only took the visitors four minutes to find themselves ahead again. This time, former Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj managed to weave his way past Murray Wallace and slotted Isak to score his second of the game.

Neil Harris made wholesale changes in the 70th minute as he introduced Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Tom Bradshaw, Shane Ferguson, Shaun Hutchinson and Jiri Skalak.

However, it was the men he left on the pitch that managed to conjure a late equaliser. Romeo showed great awareness when he exquisitely caressed a diagonal ball from Shane Ferguson into the path of Mahoney.

Mahoney looked to be crossing the ball, before he cut back inside on his left foot and curled past Remiro from a tight angle in the 85th minute to ensure that the game ended as a draw.