Although the game was primarily intended to sharpen their players up, Bromley and Welling United still managed to serve up some entertaining fare.

Joe Kizzi headed over for Bromley before Welling drew first Anthony Cook collected out wide before sending a delightful chip over Mark Cousins and into the far corner.

Joe Anderson then caught Bromley napping with a quick free kick that found Adam Coombes in the middle. His header sailed wide but it would not have counted anyway as he had strayed just offside.

Coombes was then off target from close range with a chance that would have counted. Rob Swaine headed down from a corner and Coombes got on the end of it but stabbed wide.

It was not all one way though and Bromley won three corners in quick succession before Coombes had a long range effort saved.

After twenty six minutes, the hosts levelled. Nathan Green brought down Michael Cheek on the edge of the penalty area and referee Adrian Quelch pointed to the spot. Frankie Raymond stepped up and sent Dan Wilks the wrong way.

Cheek had a header easily saved by Wilks before Welling had a shout for a penalty when Cook went down in the area although it appeared that he had tripped over his own feet.

Again, Cheek tried his luck with a long shot but Wilks was again equal to it.

Then Cook posed a threat once more when he got on the end of a brilliant long cross-field Anderson pass but this time his deft chip went the wrong side of the post.

Although both teams named enough players to field entirely different teams for each half, they staggered the changes so the second half was very disjointed.

However, there were a few chances and Coombes headed wide, under pressure, from another excellent Anderson cross.

When the deadlock was broken, it was the hosts who managed it from a corner. Raymond delivered and Kizzi rose at the far post to squeeze a header home.

Substitute Korey Henry fired well over for Bromley before they gave themselves breathing space with eighteen minutes remaining. A trialist gave himself space on the edge of the penalty area before firing a shot back across goal and inside the far post.

Henry fired over at the end of a quick break before Welling came close to reducing the arrears. Lewis Chambers played a sumptuous through ball to send Aaron Cosgrove away. His shot came back out off the inside of the post to Julien Anau but he fired over.

Ollie Tanner had a shot for Bromley deflected wide before the referee ended a good workout for both teams.

Bromley: Cousins, Kizzi, Trialist A, Higgs, Okoye, Bush, Porter, Raymond, Cheek, Clifton, Hackett-Fairchild. Subs: Trialist B, Holland, Coulson, Dunne, Henry, Ojemen, Ogunmekan, Trialist C, Trialist D, Trialist E, Trialist F, Tanner, Brefo.

Welling United: Wilks, Ming, Anderson, Dymond, Swaine, Rich Baghuelou, Cook, Rooney, Coombes, Goldberg, Green. Subs not used: Beeney, Platt, Johnson, Prestedge, Okuonghae, Rich Baghuelou, Allen, Agyemang, Cosgrove, Anau, Chambers, Bizma, England.