Crystal Palace shared the honours with Everton in a forgettable scoreless bore draw at Selhurst Park.

The Eagles began brightly and were unfortunate not to take a second minute lead when Wilfried Zaha played in Max Meyer but his low drive hit the side-netting.

At the other end Dominic Calvert-Lewin fired tamely at Eagles keeper Vincente Guaita, while Scott Dann deflected an Idrissa Gueye effort behind for a corner.

Aaron Wan-Bissakka made a crucial block to prevent an Everton shot at goal and Gylfi Sigurdsson was perhaps lucky to escape a yellow card after going to ground very easily just outside the box.

READ: Player ratings from Palace's 0-0 draw

Martin Kelly had to be alert to head behind a dangerous Sigurdsson free-kick and then a good spell of Palace pressure ended with Luka Milivojevic volleying wildly over following some good up play from Wan-Bissaka.

Calvert-Lewin headed just over after meeting Seamus Coleman’s inviting delivery and Gauita got down well to gather Gueye’s long range shot.

Toffees striker Calvert Lewin came within inches of getting on the end of Richarlison’s cross moments later but there was nothing to separate the two sides at the break.

Michael Keane was forced to put behind Meyer’s low ball just after the restart, with James McArthur firing into the side-netting shortly afterwards.

Bernard was only denied the opening goal by the woodwork when he drilled a low shot from inside the area against the post.

Patrick van Aanholt atoned for giving possession away cheaply by getting back to challenge Richarlison just as the Brazilian was about to pull the trigger.

Kurt Zouma defended well to put behind McArthur’s shot but overall the quality from both sides was lacking, a point perfectly made when Cheikhou Kouyate put a poor ball into the box which sailed harmlessly out of play.

Guaita made a spectacular save to somehow keep out substitute Cenk Tosun’s 77th minute backheel, easily the best moment in a game which had been completely lacking in quality.

Normal service was resumed when Coleman needlessly put his delivery into the side-netting, although the woodwork came to the rescue again for Palace as Lucas Digne’s cross hit the post.

A draw was about right in the end, however, because neither side demonstrated enough in the final third to actually deserve all three points.

Next up for the Eagles is a visit to Cardiff City.