Five second half goals meant Bromley and Chesterfield shared the spoils at a chilly Hayes Lane on Tuesday night.

Bromley struggled to get going in the first half and were pinned back for long spells, Joe Rowley went close and then David Gregory saved another early effort from Marc-Antione Fortune low down at the near post.

When Bromley did break up field Richard Brindley had an effort blocked on the line by Hayden Hills after good work by debutant Reeco Hackett-Fairchild.

Chesterfield took the lead just before the break when Jerome Williams headed home a Lee Shaw cross to give the visitors the lead.

Bromley reverted to 4-4-2 in the second half and it paid off within ten minutes when a free kick from the right was bundled home by Roger Johnson after Williams headed against his won bar.

Three minutes later Bromley were in front when JJ Hooper broke clear of the home defence and beat Shwan Jalal from twenty yards with a powerful low drive

Scott Boden missed a good chance to equalise soon after when he hit the bar from close range.

The introduction of Tom Denton gave The Spireites more of a threat up front.

The Ravens lost captain Jack Holland to a nasty looking head injury following a brave header to deny Denton in the box and they missed his presence when Chesterfield levelled on 81 minutes.

Boden turning the ball home at the far post following a scramble from a corner.

The scores didn’t stay level for long though as Hooper was on target again four minutes from time when he swept home a superb effort from the edge of the box giving Jalal no chance.

The visitors rallied again as Kyle Reid crossed for Denton who had a header saved just under the bar by Gregory, but the same supply line did pay off in injury time when Reid’s cross was knocked down by Denton for Rowley to convert from close range to draw the sides level once more.

Deep into added time Sam Wood surged forward and crossed for Omar Bugeil, but he glanced his header wide of the far post.

In the end a draw was probably a fair result as Bromley turn their attention to the Kent Senior Cup Semi Final at Tonbridge Angels next Tuesday night.