Millwall scored a 94th minute winner to run out as 3-2 victors in their FA Cup Fourth Round clash against Premier League giants Everton.

Murray Wallace popped up in the final seconds of the game from a Shaun Williams free-kick and poked the ball past Jordan Pickford.

Millwall started the game on the front foot as Shaun Hutchinson met a deep freekick from Shane Ferguson and his looping header was cleared of the line by Lucas Dinge in the opening fifteenminutes.

Against the run of play,  Everton opened the scoring on the 43rd minute through Richarlison after his low driven shot from 25-yards zipped off the slippery surface and beat Jordan Archer.

Lee Gregory then popped up with a goal of his own on the stroke of half-time. A Shane Ferguson free-kick met a towering Jake Cooper on the edge of the box which teed up the striker to beat Jordan Pickford from 12 yards with a header of his own.

After pegging Millwall back in their own half for the opening 20 minutes of the second half, Everton were rewarded when substitute Cenk Tosun slipped one into the back of the net at the first time of asking.

Like the first Millwall replied instantly in controversial fashion. Jake Cooper seemed to have deflected the ball into the back of the net with his arm, but after taking a minute to deliberate with his linesman, referee Michael Oliver pointed to the centre circle.

“At the time I thought Marco was moaning because he thought he was offside,” Harris said regarding the controversial goal.

“But someone has told me that Jake’s been honest enough live on TV to say that the ball has hit his arm. I’ve not seen it again, but if we’ve got a little bit of fortune we’ll take it because this year, as you know, we’ve had very, very little luck and conceded a lot of last-minute goals.”

Millwall were heading for a replay at Goodinson park until Murray Wallace scored with virtually the last kick of the game.

“I certainly didn’t want a replay, I didn’t want another game in our schedule. I thought at the end we’d go with three up front and go for it.

“It’s not just the first contact, it’s the anticipation. We knew it was going to be difficult to affect their penalty are with the ball, we knew we had to rely on first and second contacts. The anticipation of the players was outstanding.

“I knew it would be a tough game going back to Goodinson to try and get a result. Like I said we have a busy schedule coming up and the importance for us is certainly the league and the big game next Saturday against Rotherham.

“What I do know is that I have match winners as well and you don’t also expect a leftback to pop up with your goal. He does a lot in training, he is excellent in the six yard box, Murray Wallace.”

The win sees Millwall into the fifth round of the FA Cup for the second time under Neil Harris, and when the draw takes place on Monday night the Lions will not shy away from another Premier League team.