Bromley moved away from the bottom four as they recorded their third consecutive victory with a hard fought win over AFC Fylde at a chilly Hayes Lane.

Fylde started the game on top, pushing Bromley back and were one up on 8minutes when Danny Rowe converted a near post corner with a deft flick past David Gregory. The Ravens rallied from there though and went close when Richard Brindley tested Jay Lynch after linking up with Sam Wood. Frankie Raymond and Jack Holland went close soon after before Marc-Anthony Okoye set up JJ Hooper whose shot was deflected wide. From the resulting corner Bromley equalised when Frankie Sutherland found Holland and his shot deflected in off Hopper in the six yard box. A minute later Hooper headed a Luke Coulson cross narrowly wide before Bromley went in front when Porter surged into the box and was brought down by Jordan Tunnicliffe for a clear penalty. Sutherland tucked away his eighth goal of the season sending Lynch the wrong way from the spot. Fylde continued to try and play out from the back, but Bromley pressed them high and forced the visitors to launch long balls, which the home defence dealt with comfortably. Late on The Ravens could have gone 3-1 up, but Hooper’s cross was driven wide by Porter when it looked easier to score.

The second half saw Fylde start well again, Nick Haughton and Arthur Gnahoua had shots saved by Gregory, but their pressure eventually paid off on 58minutes when a low cross from the left found Gnahoua unmarked in the six yard box and he coolly smashed the ball into the roof of the net to equalise. Brindley had a free kick well saved by Lynch and Sutherland had a low drive saved, before there was a long delay for an injury to Mason Bloomfield who had to be stretchered off with a broken arm. The striker was eventually stretchered off and unfortunately for The Coasters they had already made all three substitutes and had to play with ten men. With Fylde now on the back foot, Bromley cashed in and made it 3-2 when Raymond chipped a perfect ball into the box which found Hooper who guided the ball past Lynch to put Neil Smith’s side back in front. Porter and Okoye went close as the game entered 13 minutes of injury time and in the stoppage period Zavon Hines set up Raymond who was denied by Lynch before the keeper then again tipped over Porter’s header from a Hooper cross. The Ravens kept possession for a long spell as time ticked down, but ten men Fylde did have one late chance when Gnahoua headed a cross across goal and just wide of the far post.

The in form Ravens are now thirteenth in the National League ahead of their home game with Wrexham on Tuesday night.