Neil Harris lauded Shane Ferguson's 'class' as they came from behind to win 2-1 thanks to two glorious strikes from the substitute.

Nigel Adkins men took the lead on 52 minutes through Jon Toral, but Fergusons heroics in the final ten minutes sent The Lions in to the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Harris was full of praise for his side's character but it was Ferguson that the manager was keen to single out.

"It's what you expect from an international footballer," said Harris.

"Belief hasn't always been there with Shane. But with the run of form he's been in, those goals, confidence is sky high.

"He's got to go form strength to strength with this, he worked so hard with and without the ball, we wanted end product as well, goals and assists, and he's done excellent the last two games."

Dominant Opening

Both teams came in to the game high in confidence, Hull winning six of their last seven and Millwall winning their last three in the league.

It was the home side whose confidence prevailed in the opening half as Harris’ strong starting XI camped themselves in the Tiger’s half.

Both Skalak and Wallace looked lively on the flanks offering plenty for Elliot and O’Brien to make something out of.

The first real opportunity fell for Elliott on 35 minutes whose tame effort from four yards was gathered easily by George Long in net. The striker knows he should’ve given his side the lead.

Elliott’s strike partner was then guilty of putting his effort agonisingly wide from another vicious Wallace cross much to the frustration of the crowd.

As it tends to go for Millwall, Hull came out for the second half and with their first real attack of the game the deadlock was broken. Toral neatly converting a one-two with Nouha Dicko in front of the travelling support.


Harris’s made a trio of changes on the hour, but Morison, Ferguson and Williams did little to change the ease in which Adkin’s men were containing the home side.

That was until the 77th minute when Morison set up O’Brien who squared for Wallace who saw his effort crash off the crossbar with the keeper well beaten.

With their tails now up, it was Ferguson who drew the sides level with a thunderous effort on 82 minutes. Picking up a short corner he unleashed a left footed strike to the top far corner leaving Long rooted to the spot.

Quality from the substitute, and he wasn’t done there.

Three minutes later the Northern Irishman curled a delightful freekick to the opposite corner this time from 20-yards to snatch glory for Harris’ men.