Bromley celebrated Non League Day in style in front of over 2,000 fans at Hayes Lane on Saturday with a hard fought narrow win over Barrow, The Ravens third victory in their last four matches.

Bromley got off to a great start when Frankie Sutherland crossed for Jack Holland whose header was saved by Andrew Firth in The Bluebirds goal. The Ravens continued to press early on and turned the pressure into goals on six minutes when Omar Bugeil headed home a Sutherland corner in a crowded area. George Porter shot narrowly wide soon after following good work by Junior Odegi-Uzokwe and Sutherland again. It was only after a lengthy break for treatment to Barrow’s Luke Carroll-Burgess that they finally got going, Lee Molyneux had a free kick deflected wide and then after more pressure The Bluebirds missed a glorious chance to equalise when Dan Jones’ long throw evaded everyone and sailed straight into the net, when the slightest touch would have seen them draw level. The game developed more physical edge to it as it went on, which kept the official on their toes.

The second half saw Barrow start on the front foot, they had a good shout for a penalty turned down when Porter appeared to handle in the box after falling, but they did draw level on fifty five minutes. A spell of corners saw one only half cleared to the edge of the box where Erico Esteves Da Sousa caught the ball sweetly on the volley to send it past David Gregory and just in under the bar to make it 1-1 in spectacular fashion. From there Neil Smith made some changes and tried to take the fight to the visitors with Sutherland having a free kick saved and Raymond crossing for Ogedi-Uzokwe who header over. Sutherland went close again before Bromley regained the lead on seventy two minutes when Raymond curled in a free kick from out wide that caught everyone out and floated into the net just inside the far post. For the final fifteen minutes Bromley sat deeper and deeper soaking up Barrow pressure and sending long clearances up field to Ogedi-Uzokwe their lone striker. With the nerves jangling on the terraces The Ravens defence held out though, seeing the clock out by taking the ball to the corner as injury time ran out to secure all three points.

Bromley move up to fifteenth with this win and now prepare for their FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round trip to Gloucester City next weekend.