Charlton conceded a 91st-minute goal against relegation-threatened Blackpool as their poor form continued.

Jimmy Ryan netted the winner following Ben Amos’ scuffed kick. The Addicks goalkeeper had saved his side earlier on, but his error cost them in the end.

The Addicks struggled to create meaningful openings in front of their 264 travelling fans. The result leaves the Londoners, who have won just once in seven games, five points away from the play-offs.

Karl Robinson handed Lewis Page his first start in almost a year after the defender’s 11-month injury hell. Michal Zyro, Ben Reeves and Patrick Bauer were the other changes from Saturday’s defeat to Peterborough.

Charlton’s first chance of the game, which had been rearranged for this evening after January’s postponement, came when Josh Magennis’ cross found Reeves, whose tame shot failed to trouble Blackpool goalkeeper Joe Lumley.

There was an eight-minute stoppage in play after a nasty clash of heads between Page and Nathan Delfouneso. Both players were substituted with head injuries as Delfouneso left the pitch on a stretcher.

It meant the unlucky Page lasted just 26 minutes on his return - he was replaced by Naby Sarr.

Blackpool looked the more likely to score in the early stages of the half. Danny Philliskirk’s volley forced a good save from Amos before Kyle Vassell dragged an effort wide from close-range.

Charlton had two golden opportunities to break the deadlock in 12 minutes of additional time. Jake Forster-Caskey’s half-volley flew just inches over the bar and then Zyro could not direct a free header on target from six yards. The Wolves loanee should have scored.

The stoppages from the first-half continued in the second period when the Addicks made their second enforced change of the evening. Chris Solly went down just before the hour mark and Joe Aribo took his place.

Vassell and Magennis had efforts sail wide for their clubs just before Charlton’s substitution.

Blackpool started to dominate possession and Amos had to be at his best to deny Ollie Turton’s 25-yard strike on 68 minutes.

A rare second-half Charlton attack occurred from a corner when Bauer’s flick-on was headed over by Sarr.

The visitors had a nervy moment with ten minutes remaining as Sarr cleared Curtis Tilt’s header off the line.

And then the winner came when Amos’ clearance fell to Philliskirk, whose shot was cleared off the line by Pearce, but the ball eventually fell to Ryan who broke Addicks hearts with a low drive.

Tariqe Fosu, who had a quiet game by his standards, saw a long-range strike fly just past the post before the full-time whistle went.

Charlton XI: Amos, Solly (Aribo 59), Bauer, Pearce (Sarr 26), Page, Konsa, Forster-Caskey, Reeves, Fosu, Magennis, Zyro (Marshall 87).

Subs not used: Maynard-Brewer, Lennon, Jackson, Ajose.