A man from Dulwich has been jailed for the murder of a man who was in bed with his friend’s ex. 

Jason Curtis and Kaydon Prior murdered 25-year-old Harrison Tomkins after forcing entry to Prior’s ex-partner's flat. 

On Tuesday (April 23) Curtis, of Lairdale Road in Dulwich, was jailed for life with a minimum of 22 years while Prior, of Hazelwick Avenue in Crawley, was jailed for life with a minimum term of 28 years. 

On August 13 last year, the pair were on a night out in Chelsea to celebrate Curtis’ 22nd birthday.  

But at around 1.30am they made their way back to Crawley after they found out Prior’s ex-girlfriend was out with another man, Harrison Tomkins.  

News Shopper: Kaydon Prior and Jason CurtisKaydon Prior and Jason Curtis (Image: Sussex Police)The pair were seen outside a cocktail bar at 3am looking for her, before getting a taxi to her flat on Arthur Road.  

They gained entry to the communal area and heard her and Harrison inside the flat.  

This prompted Prior to call for a taxi to go to his home address in Hazelwick Road, where prosecutors said he got the key to his ex’s flat and a knife to carry out the attack on Harrison. 

At 5.30am, Prior and Curtis burst into Prior’s ex-girlfriend’s flat and Harrison was stabbed multiple times.  

Curtis was found hiding in a bush by a drone, while Prior was arrested at his home address.

During his arrest, Curtis said to an officer: “Who’s been murdered? I’ve been on a night out as it’s my birthday.” 

News Shopper: Harrison TomkinsHarrison Tomkins (Image: Sussex Police)

'My life will never be the same'

During the sentencing hearing, a victim impact statement was read out from Harrison’s mother, Natasha, who said: “Personally, my life will never be the same again. I will never be the person I was, as I too changed that day, we were robbed of the future of our son, a future we all wanted to witness and share, a future he worked hard to prepare for. 

“The physical pain I experience every day is actually indescribable. I truly feel my heart is breaking. I struggle for breath, and what is happening around me, is a blur. “ 

After the sentencing, Harrison's family issued the following statement: “Today we receive justice for our Harrison. We want to dedicate immense thanks to all our family and friends for supporting us through this lengthy and unnecessary trial and the financial and emotional suffering they have all endured as part of it. 

“We were subjected to hearing so many lies from the defendants, and to date they have shown no sign of remorse or regret for what they have done. 

“We are pleased with the outcome of today’s sentence however nothing will ever compensate for the loss of our Harrison and such a special life. 

“The Crown Prosecution Service, Sussex Police and all of our family liaison officers have supported us through so many months to get us to this closure today and we are extremely grateful.” 

Detective Police Constable Elliott Lander, of the Major Crime Team, said: “I am pleased that we have been able to get the justice that Harrison richly deserves today. 

“I never got to meet Harrison, but I have learned so much about him and have seen how greatly loved he was by all who knew him. 

"Harrison was killed in a frenzied attack that he had no chance to defend himself from. Prior and Curtis will both rightly now have to live with the devastating consequences of their actions for a considerable period of their lives in prison. 

“On behalf of Harrison and all his family and friends, I'd like to thank those who came forward and supported our investigation.”