A person has died after being hit by a train in Kidbrooke this morning.

At around 8:30am today (November 11) ambulance crews were called to the scene of Kidbrooke Railway Station where a person had been hit by a train.

London Ambulance Service has confirmed that a number of resources were sent to the scene, including a fast response unit, an incident response unit and members of their Hazardous Response Team (HART).

An air ambulance was also sent to assist.

However, despite medical efforts, the person died at the scene.

National Rail has said that lines have since been reopened following the incident, however some services may be delayed or cancelled by up to 30 minutes.

They have advised that disruption is expected to last until around 11am.

A spokesperson for London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.28am today (11 November) to reports of a person hit by a train at Kidbrooke Railway Station, Kidbrooke.

“We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew, a fast response unit, an incident response officer and members of our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART). We also dispatched London’s air ambulance.

“Sadly, despite the best efforts of our crews, a person died at the scene.”

A statement on the National Rail website read: “The emergency services were dealing with an incident in which a person has sadly been hit by a train earlier today. As a result of this, trains were unable to run via the Bexleyheath line.

“The emergency services have safely completed their work attending to the incident between Lewisham and Bexleyheath. The current has now been recharged and trains are now able to run via the Bexleyheath line.

“Trains may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 30 minutes or revised whilst services return to normal.

“Disruption is expected to continue until approximately 11:00.

“If you’ve been affected by what happened on the network today, there is always someone to talk to.

“You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 from any phone for a confidential chat.”

We have asked British Transport Police for comment.