A violent weekend in London saw a shooting and six stabbings, including two which were fatal.

On Friday evening (June 23) at around 7pm there were reports of a stabbing on George Street in Croydon.   

Police and paramedics from London Ambulance Service were at the scene and found a man with stab wounds. Two males were arrested on suspicion of causing GBH. 

It was initially reported that he was fighting for his life, but in an update the London Ambulance Service said: “He is no longer in a life-threatening condition but he does have potentially life-changing injuries.” 

Then on Saturday (June 24) at around 5.30pm a man was found with stab wounds on Lower Road in South Bermondsey.

A second man was then found nearby, having also been stabbed.

They were both taken to hospital for further treatment and their conditions were later assessed as non-life threatening.

Then shortly after 2am on Sunday (June 25) there were reports of a stabbing on Kilburn High Road

A 32-year-old man was taken to hospital. His injuries were found not to be life-threatening or life-changing. 

Later on Sunday, at around 1pm, there were reports of shots fired around Bedford Hill in Balham. 

Firearms officers responded to the scene but there were no injuries reported or arrests made. 

On Sunday evening at around 5.45pm police were called to reports that a man was in the Grand Union Canal, suffering from a stab injury. 

A boy, 17, was pulled from the water. Despite the best efforts of emergency services he was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.10pm. 

The Metropolitan Police say no arrests have been made and enquiries into the circumstances continue. 

Then at around 9.20pm police were called to Nunhead with reports of a stabbing on Nunhead Green at the junction with Gordon Road. 

The injured man, aged in his 20s, was taken to hospital by members of the public.

He was pronounced dead on Monday morning (June 26) at 9.30am.

Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing. There has been no arrests at this stage.

where he is fighting for his life. No arrests were made.