London is very hot and sweaty at the moment as the heatwave sees the capital reach highs of 27C. 

With the added extra of unconditioned buildings, trains that feel like ovens and concrete pavements making London into a giant hotplate, it feels impossible to get cool.

But do not panic, as there could be a nice break from all the heat in just a few days. 

The heavens are expected to open as mass rain will cool down the region by a degree or two. 

When will rain hit London? 

June has recently been non-stop dryness and heat, but in less than four days, the rain will officially arrive. 

Starting on Sunday, June 18, the rain should be here by 1pm according to the Met Office weather forecast. 

With a 40% chance of precipitation, the rain will last until 10pm with highs of 60% coverage at 7pm. 

Then just a few days later on Tuesday, June 20 the rain will be back starting at 1pm until 7pm at 40%. 

But if you're looking for a day full of rain, then look forward to Wednesday, June 21, with rain starting at 10am until 7pm. 

The Met Office forecast for the weekend suggests: "Becoming more unsettled over the weekend, with an increased risk of thunderstorms giving hail and torrential downpours. Often very warm, but also becoming more humid."

London Weather: When will the heatwave end?

If you are wondering when the heatwave will end, then you might need to wait a little longer. 

Although rain will be on and off for the next week and is also expected for the last week of June, the heat will still be here. 

As the Met Office long-range forecast predicts: "The end of June may see more settled conditions under the influence of high pressure, with near to below average rainfall mounts for many, although the northwest may be wetter.

"Into July, there is low confidence, however, there is a weak signal for slightly higher rainfall totals (perhaps from showers or heavy, thundery outbreaks) towards the south and west and slightly drier conditions towards the north and east.

"Confidence is higher for temperatures remaining generally above average throughout this period."