Three of the four family members who died in a house fire in Bexleyheath on Thursday (November 18) have reportedly been named by relatives.

The Mail Online reported that a Sri Lankan woman had been "named by relatives" as Niruba, who they said had died in the fire along with her one-year-old daughter Shasna, four-year-old son Thabish and her mother.

The fatal blaze broke out on Hamilton Road where fire crews and police were called around 8.30pm.

The emergency services previously confirmed that four people thought to be related to each other, including two infant children, had died in the fire.

The four victims were pulled from the first floor a semi-detached terraced house on Hamilton Road, shortly after 8.30pm on Thursday, November 18, but died at the scene.

A man who escaped the fire was taken to hospital, suffering injuries to his legs. His condition is not thought to be life-threatening.

Police and the fire brigade are continuing to investigate the cause of the fire, which is not believed to be suspicious.

News Shopper reported previously how a woman’s shouts of "fire, fire" through the phone prompted her husband to run to the blazing house on Thursday evening, according to her husband’s cousin, who gave his name only as Jega.

The cousin said: "He (the husband) said he got a call from his wife and she was just shouting and then the call ended. It went silent.

"She was shouting ‘fire, fire’."

He added: "It is so sad. It is impossible to comfort him or to describe what he is going through."

The cousin, who gave his name as Jega, told MailOnline: "We've seen them recently at a wedding - two or three weeks ago. Happy children. It's an accident you can't prepare for.

"The mother-in-law was supposed to be flying back to Sri Lanka today.

"What I heard is they were packing her stuff to get her to Gatwick. They were upstairs - we don't know exactly where but it might have started downstairs or in the staircase.

"His brother-in-law was also upstairs, he jumped out of the window but he survived. It's so sad. It's so sad. Yogan can't speak. It's very sad - it's impossible to describe what he's going through.'

"His brother-in-law is in hospital - no one has had the chance to speak to him yet. We've heard broken legs. It is a tragedy. You can't prepare for these kinds of things. You never expect things to happen in the family."

The relative said Yogan had bought the property, which is near the home of his two sisters, only three months ago. The family are understood to have lived in the UK for more than 15 years.