A sixth man has been jailed in connection with firearms offences following an operation in Lewisham.

Dramatic footage was published last week following a court trial showing armed officers dragging a suspect in possession of a revolver from a car on a south London street.

The suspect, Reece White, was detained and a revolver was recovered from his bag. He was arrested for possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life and was sentenced alongside four other men last week.

A sixth man, Siraatillah Ford, 22, of Stockwell Road, was sentenced on Wednesday (June 9) at Woolwich Crown Court to eight years imprisonment after being convicted of possessing a firearm.

The convictions come following an operation executed by officers on July 4, 2019, in Lewisham.

At approximately 6.20pm, an armed stop was conducted on the Prius in Wood Vale.

Read more: Five men jailed after revolver seized by officers

The male passenger, White, was detained, and in his bag officers recovered a revolver. He was arrested for possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.

A further surveillance operation was conducted in order to locate a Ford Focus.

This vehicle contained Michael Adebambo and Nathaniel Corbett, who had been observed being involved in the collection of the revolver from another group of men.

At 6.50pm, the vehicle was stopped and the men were detained on New Park Road, near Freeman House, SW2.

They were arrested and subsequently charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life and were remanded in custody.

Read more: Violence in London below 2019 levels but 'still too high'

Siraatillah Ford

Siraatillah Ford

A dedicated investigation by specialist crime officers into the circumstances surrounding the handover of the weapon identified that Nail Johnson and Jordan Adams were the men responsible for transferring the firearm.

The gun has since been test-fired by an expert and it has been found to be a firearm in working order and capable of firing live ammunition.

A 24-year-old man, arrested on 4 July 2019, was found not guilty of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on Friday, 16 April at Woolwich Crown Court.

Detective Constable Iain Logan, of Specialist Crime South, said:“Ford being sentenced to eight-years imprisonment is the final cherry on this investigation that has resulted in a potentially lethal weapon been taken off the streets and subsequently destroyed, and has put six dangerous men behind bars for a total of 48 years.

“I’m really proud to have been part of the team that has placed six criminals behind bars for a significant amount of time. I take great pride in knowing that thanks to the efforts of the team, and colleagues from our Firearms Command, a firearm with fatal capabilities has been removed from unsafe, criminal hands.”