CCTV shows the moment a young man was stabbed to death during a fight outside a pub with a machete by a stranger who was ultimately caught in New Cross. 

Shane Mayer, 21, died three days after being knifed in the groin by Ramani Sanderson, 20, following a night out in Walsall, on July 24, 2019.

A court heard Shane was attacked merely for "exchanging words and glances" during a chance meeting with his killer and three other men outside a pub.

News Shopper: Shane Mayer, 21

Disturbing footage shows the brawl which broke out near Gabbas Bar, in Darlaston, which resulted in Shane being fatally injured.

Sanderson - who had been on bail at the time for another knife attack on a taxi driver - can be seen lunging with the huge blade after hiding it behind his back.

After being attacked, Shane managed to run away despite his wound, which had severed an artery, but he collapsed and later died in hospital.

Sanderson now faces life in prison after he was found guilty of murder by a jury at Wolverhampton Crown Court on Wednesday (June 9).

Kamron Reid, 20, and Joseph Till, 21, who both joined in the attack, were found guilty of manslaughter.

A fourth man, 21-year-old Lewis Green was cleared of murder but had already admitted possessing a hammer in the build-up to the brawl.

A jury were told how Shane was with friends when glances and words were exchanged with Lewis Green's brother as he walked along Forge Road.

News Shopper: Ramani Sanderson, 20

Eight minutes later Green arrived at the scene armed with a hammer and he phoned Reid, who also turned up with his friends Sanderson and Till.

CCTV showed Sanderson approach Shane with a machete concealed behind his back before stabbing him in the groin as a fight broke out.

The yobs then fled from the scene back to their home addresses - with Till even phoning his mum for a lift home.

Officers found messages on the defendant's phones in which they plotted to provide police with consistent accounts of what happened.

Sanderson’s phone included videos of him posing with knives and talking about committing robberies.

Reid had similar ominous images of him with knives plus evidence of Google searches for knives, crossbows and guns.

Sanderson, who was arrested in New Cross, but was living in Duddeston, Birmingham, at the time of the offence, was convicted of murder and wounding.

He had claimed he had acted in self-defence when he used the knife, which he bought for £20 from a man he arranged to meet via Snapchat.

Reid, of Darlaston, and Till, of Bilston, West Mids., were both cleared of murder but convicted of manslaughter. All three will all be sentenced at a later date.

Green was cleared of the killing but had already admitted possessing an offensive weapon.

Detective Sergeant Andy McDonald, of West Midlands Police, said afterwards: “This is yet another example of the devastation caused by knife crime.

"A stray glance and words exchanged between strangers has escalated to murder in the space of just 15 minutes.

“A young man’s life has been ended in tragic circumstances and the lives of those responsible for his death are now ruined.

“Sanderson stabbed Shane but we firmly believe the others were armed.

“I know this awful crime has had a devastating impact on the Shane’s family and that they are still struggling to come to terms with his death.

"I hope the fact his killers will now face many years behind bars offers some comfort."