Kent Fire and Rescue Service have issued a safety warning about the dangers of discarded smoking materials after a shed caught fire in Dartford last night.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene of a fire on Highfield Road in Dartford on Wednesday, March 17.

A shed was set alight at 10:11pm, and it's believed the fire had spread from discarded smoking materials.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze as it spread outwards to nearby fencing panels.

Highfield Road, Dartford

Highfield Road, Dartford

The fire was under control within an hour, and no casualties were reported.

Following the incident, Kent Fire and Rescue have issued a safety warning.

"Crews are reminding the public to ensure cigarettes and other smoking materials are always fully out before carefully discarding them.

"You should also never leave lit cigarettes, pipes or cigars unattended, and always use a non-flammable, heavy ashtray that can’t easily tip over."