November saw criminals jailed for an array of offences in south east London, ranging from blackmail to the attempted rape of a woman in her home.

We've summarised five noteworthy cases below:

George Wallace

News Shopper:

George Wallace, 26, broke into a 58-year-old woman's High Street flat through a bathroom window shortly and attempted to rape her.

The victim awoke in her bed to see Wallace standing over her, who then grabbed her, exposed himself and attempted to rape her.

Wallace was identified through fingerprints found on the bathroom window where he had entered and exited.

He was found guilty of of attempted rape and trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence and sentenced to nine years in prison this week. 

Danut Bulboana 

News Shopper:

Danut Bulboana "preyed on the vulnerability of a lone woman" near Catford Bridge Station as she made her way home after a night out.

He came across the victim, who was dropped to the wrong destination by a cab, and raped her just before midnight on August 27 of last year.

After attacking the victim, Bulboana walked her to Catford Bridge railway station. She was able to call the police from there.

He was convicted of two counts of rape and attempting to suffocate with intent following a trial at Woolwich Crown Court and sentenced to 12 years in prison. 

Richard McDonald

News Shopper:

Richard McDonald, 57, of Lewisham Way, blackmailed a family in Sheerness, threatening them with with violence and kidnap unless they gave him £10,000.

The family agreed to pay McDonald a quantity of money which was transferred into his account, only for him to demand more, continuing to call them throughout the day making further threats.

They eventually reported the incident to police and he was arrested on September 6.

As well as being jailed for four years, he was given a 10-year restraining order which prevents him from contacting the victims.

Maurice McAnallen

News Shopper:

Drink driver McAnallen necked five pints of lager before mowing down and killing a dog walker in his Range Rover.

McAnallen had been drinking at a football club in Chislehurst on the afternoon of January 25, before he decided to drive back to an address he was staying at in Eynsford.

At around 7.05pm, McAnallen entered Eynsford High Street, crossing onto the wrong side of the road and mounting a pavement.

He struck Andrew Miller, 62, as he walked his dog, who died at the scene. 

McAnallen pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and was sentenced on Monday to four years and two months behind bars. 

Janet Walker

News Shopper:

Janet Waller kicked, spat and threw objects at police officers during three separate calls to her address between May and September 2020.

The 32-year-old, of Pier Road, admitted all 17 charges and was sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday November 6.

She was also sentenced for malicious communication matters that were investigated by a different police force and was jailed for one year.