Police have renewed their appeal for information following the murder of McCaulay Junior Urugbezi-Edwards in Southwark, May 5.

On Sunday (May 12) detectives from the Metropolitan Police planned to return to the scene of the murder as their investigations into McCaulay's death continue.

Last week (Sunday, May 5), police attended Tiverton Street, SE1 at around 9.30pm following reports that London Ambulance Service (LAS) were dealing with a stabbing at the location.

Officers attended along with London’s Air Ambulance and found McCaulay, who was 18, suffering from stab injuries.

He was taken to a south London hospital where he died at 10.51pm.

His next-of-kin have been informed.

A post-mortem examination took place at Greenwich Mortuary on Wednesday, 8 May and gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the left thigh.

A spokesperson for the Met Police said that officers would be handing out flyers around the scene of the crime in Southwark as they hoped to uncover more information surrounding McCaulay's death.

DCI Richard Leonard, who is leading the investigation, confirmed that the Met Police had made arrests since May 5 but that their enquiries remained ongoing, urging anyone who might have information to get in touch.

DCI Leonard said: "Two arrests have been made but we still need to hear from anyone with information that could help us.

"We are following a number of active lines of enquiry based on CCTV, forensic analysis and local engagement but we need to hear from those who live and work in the area and have an understanding about what took place.

"McCaulay was chased from Newington Gardens, which is known as Gaol Park, into Tiverton Street where he was attacked and found shortly after by LAS medics.

"Did you see the chase or the attack? Please call and share what you know with my team straight away. I am convinced there are people who hold the answers to what happened and are yet to come forward."

In the wake of the fatal stabbing, Met Police confirmed that they had arrested two people.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of murder at an address in Norwich on the evening of Tuesday, 7 May. He was been bailed to return on a date in early June.

A 33-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender at a residential address in south-east London on the evening of Tuesday, 7 May; she has since been released under investigation.

The two people arrested are known to each other, police confirmed.

Younger people who either have information about violence or knife crime, can visit fearless.org where they can pass on information anonymously. Fearless is part of the Crimestoppers charity, and is also independent of the police.

If you need help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime, or you want assistance yourself, then you can visit www.knifefree.co.uk or LondonNeedsYouAlive.