Firefighters were called to douse a shed which caught ablaze in a Dartford estate in the early hours of this morning.

Crews from Kent Fire & Rescue were called by the homeowners shortly after 5am after they noticed the flames at their home in Ashmore Close.

The shed and its contents were destroyed by the blaze with some fencing and a trampoline were also damaged.

MORE: 'Explosion' heard in demolition work at Littlebrook Power Station

Crews used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been caused after the homeowner was cooking in the shed.

Two propane canisters also had to be vented and cooled by firefighters.

The flames were doused at approximately 6am.